Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #1  

Hoochy

Silver Member
Tractor
RK 55 SC, 1963 John Deere 1010RU, Branson 3510, 2x Ford 8n's
This is the second time I have contacted my local Rural King to order parts for my tractor and just like the first time, a month after the part was ordered, nobody had a clue of where it was or why it was not received, so the part had to be ordered again.

Last time was a valve for a 3rd rear hydraulic, no big deal can live without it until it shows up ( took over 6 weeks). This time was a wind sheild, ( cab tractor in Florida, with the humidity and rain, I certainly want it fixed ASAP.)

Part was ordered on 2 Oct. 2020, records show shipped on 10-2 and recieved at the store on 10-8-2020, but as of today, nobody knows where the part is. Just a repeat of the last order, seems like I have been getting the runaround again.

I reached out to the " ask a question " link on their website. I got a reply 3 days later but no follow up, just "looking into it and will let you know"....
THAT NEVER HAPPENED....he never followed up at all.
Ran into the manager at the store Monday 11-2, and asked....."Any word on my windshield?" Typical reply...."I AM WORKING ON IT"......WILL LET YOU KNOW...

TUESDAY 11-3 called on the phone and talked to same manager, "l ordered it last night but I have no shipping info or ETA, will let you know tomorrow....
Wednesday 11-4 call to see what is the ETA.... manager not in today........no call, no follow up....

Service and support after the sale will make or brake any business.....

Sorry to say, I do not recommend to anyone to buy a tractor at RK, Crystal River, Florida. No issues with the machine or the performance, but the support after the sale is just not there, at least at my local store.

I do highly recommend dealing with the RK in Spring Hill, Fl, Everything I ever needed was taken care of promptly, and they did follow up on calls and kept me updated of the order progress.

PS: If you have your tractor serviced at Crystal River, be sure to check the all the fluid levels before you leave, 2 quarts over filled in the engine oil is not
acceptable!

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #2  
I completely agree with you. Last spring the rod snapped on my backhoe dipper stick cylinder. Took a while for the replacement to come in. When it did arrive, it was the wrong cylinder so I had to wait another month. When I finally got back up and running, I had my next break down. I'm not sure of the actual part name, but it's the part that holds to backhoe joystick from flopping around, allowing the plungers to work with movement of the joystick.

Anyhow, ordered a replacement around July. In the meantime, I had a bearing go out in the rear axle which also caused a piece of the race to break off, according to the tech. I dropped the tractor off in mid August for repair. Mid October I got a call that the backhoe part was in. I went to pick it up and sure enough it was the wrong part. So I expect another 3 month wait for it to come in. But it's not real urgent because I still don't have my tractor back from mid August.

All of this is the Morgantown WV store, so it's not isolated to just your location.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #3  
I bought a tiller from them a couple of weeks back. I called the store to confirm stock and tried to pay over the phone since it was 3 hours away. They said I HAD to pay online for store pickup. NOWHERE in the conversation or transaction did they tell me it would take 8 to 10 days to process. I called the store a day later since I hadn't received a pickup email. The store could not find my order. When I called the 800 number was when I heard the recorded message saying it would take 8 to 10 working days. The lady I talked to at that number said my order WAS in the system and she had no idea why the store couldn't see it. I tried to explain I was concerned since they only had two units in stock and none of the other stores had any. She was very unapologetic and insisted I would have to wait 8 to 10 days.

A couple of days later I texted the person at the store that had sent me a picture of the unit. He got back to me within and hour and said it was good to go. I asked if I still had to wait for and confirmation email and he said no. The following morning as I was heading out to pick it up the email came in.

Their communication and policies are kind of messed up in my opinion.

When I picked it up the guy told me it was all serviced and ready to work. This was the furthest thing from the truth. They had put bolts in the 3 pt brackets and some oil in the gearboxes but no way it was ready to go to work. None of the bolts they installed were tight. The tiller gearbox was over filled. The PTO gearbox was under filled. Both vent plugs were stuck shut. The right side bearing had not been greased. The slip clutch on the driveshaft was tightened all the way tight and rusted together and the u-joints and safety cover had not been greased.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #4  
I feel bad for you guys. I was in the market when Cabela's came out with their tractors, glad I did not follow those. I hope RK doesn't go the same way.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability
The product, a TYM tractor, is in my opinion just as good as any other. The company selling it under "RK tractors" deserves to by kicked out to the curb by TYM.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #6  
The product, a TYM tractor, is in my opinion just as good as any other. The company selling it under "RK tractors" deserves to by kicked out to the curb by TYM.

I never considered either a Cabella's tractor or an RK tractor, anticipating issues as described above

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #7  
Sorry to hear about the issues. Big box stores should not sell farm equipment. That’s what farm equipment dealers are for. Farm equipment is very complicated and requires a full range of employees and support staff to efficiently deal with customers issues in a timely manner.

What I’ve seen as well is the pricing is not really much cheaper from some Kubota models.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #8  
I order all of my parts online.

Mowpart.com has been my go-to place so far. Checked their price for the front windshield, $388 shipped. Sounds reasonable to me. Even if it's more expensive, not having to deal with RK would be worth it.

I've currently got a leaking 4x4 shaft seal and a leaking o-ring at the 4x4 lever that are on my to do list (parts already purchased from Mowpart). Tractor is still under warranty, but after my 40 hr service, I won't let RK touch this tractor again.

It's a shame the service is so poor at some locations.

/ Dissapointed with Rural King parts ordering reliability #9  
I order all of my parts online.

Mowpart.com has been my go-to place so far. Checked their price for the front windshield, $388 shipped. Sounds reasonable to me. Even if it's more expensive, not having to deal with RK would be worth it.

I've currently got a leaking 4x4 shaft seal and a leaking o-ring at the 4x4 lever that are on my to do list (parts already purchased from Mowpart). Tractor is still under warranty, but after my 40 hr service, I won't let RK touch this tractor again.

It's a shame the service is so poor at some locations.

I don't see ANY tractor parts advertised there.