Dishwasher door switch

/ Dishwasher door switch #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
I have a Jennair JDB1105AWB dishwasher. When you hit the program keys for the functions you want, and hit "start", it starts cycle with door open instead of starting when you close door. Anyone have a clue?

/ Dishwasher door switch #2  
I have a Jennair JDB1105AWB dishwasher. When you hit the program keys for the functions you want, and hit "start", it starts cycle with door open instead of starting when you close door. Anyone have a clue?

I would hurry and shut the door. Probably could be the door switch sticking. We never program our dishwasher until we are ready to run a load.

/ Dishwasher door switch #3  
Unless the "start" button is inside don't hit the button until the door is closed...!!

/ Dishwasher door switch #4  
Most likely it is a bad door switch. Does it shut off if you try to open it while running? If it doesn't then it is surely a bad switch.

/ Dishwasher door switch
Most likely it is a bad door switch. Does it shut off if you try to open it while running? If it doesn't then it is surely a bad switch.

Thx guys for responses...here is door 316D6E71-C154-422D-8BE1-4440CFBBCA23_1_201_a.jpeg

When you program and no delay, close door and it starts- open door it starts. Select delay value, close door and it starts accordingly per time selected.

No clue where switch is-possibly in door?

/ Dishwasher door switch #6  
In the door. You might be able to spray the latch area with electrical lube and cleaner and take care of it.

/ Dishwasher door switch
Thx KT- I had same thought-all I need is encouragement:thumbsup:

/ Dishwasher door switch #8  
Our blanco has a reed switch and magnet, same with a washing machine years ago and the magnet came adrift.

/ Dishwasher door switch
Well guys an update. I did shoot the latch area with WD-40-no change-and again maybe WD is not the right product. As for the You Tube video,sounds like that panel was completely dead.

So after shooting WD with no luck, I tried "rebooting"-just pulled plug while it was running. Again no change. Plugged it back in and same deal-its running.

One thing that does work, I hit "start"with door open, and it immediately starts. Hit "stop", it did, then hit "2 hr delay". Proper delay light came on, closed door, and two hrs later it started.

Guess I should open up the doo0r and see if there is something in the latch mechanism.