Disappearing Amazon orders?

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #1  

strantor

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H
Anyone else experienced your Amazon orders just disappearing as if you never placed them? It's happened to me many times in the past couple of months. At first I thought I was losing my mind. I know I placed that order, and when it hadn't shown up for several days, went to check on it, it's not there. No charge, no receipt, no alert that it was canceled, nothing. Just ghosted. Now it happens quite frequently. I am trying to get in the habit of checking my orders every day after I place them, to make sure they're still there. I should not have to do that. Am i the only one? Maybe something is wrong with my account? Or this some covid-related nonsense and happening to everyone?

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #2  
No, but the last order I placed for 3 items are all running late by several weeks. I really hate it when I order something they show in stock, and a week later they finally tell me that it's back ordered.

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #3  
Anyone else experienced your Amazon orders just disappearing as if you never placed them? It's happened to me many times in the past couple of months. At first I thought I was losing my mind. I know I placed that order, and when it hadn't shown up for several days, went to check on it, it's not there. No charge, no receipt, no alert that it was canceled, nothing. Just ghosted. Now it happens quite frequently. I am trying to get in the habit of checking my orders every day after I place them, to make sure they're still there. I should not have to do that. Am i the only one? Maybe something is wrong with my account? Or this some covid-related nonsense and happening to everyone?

Have not had THAT problem YET!
Just received an order that I placed 35 days ago though.
I assume that I am being punished, because I refuse to subscribe to their "Prime" service.
So be it!
I only buy from Amazon when they have the absolute lowest price, and that is often not the case.

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #4  
You should get an email almost immediately after placing an order confirming it that shows the order number.

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #5  
No, but the last order I placed for 3 items are all running late by several weeks. I really hate it when I order something they show in stock, and a week later they finally tell me that it's back ordered.

Especially if its a Prime order. I ordered two items, both in stock and Prime. A week later they have not been delivered. They were shipped USPS. Why would AZ ship Prime orders USPS? Absurd.

TBS

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #6  
I have never had that problem of losing a complete record of an order with Amazon in 12 years. Losing orders in the mail, yes only once. Their customer support on current and active orders is truly first class, but account support is notorious for ineffective advice and poor assistance. You can try customer account support to see if they can help you.
Recommend you close down or delete your Amazon account. Wait 24 hours for their computers to process the account deactivation, and then start a complete new account. Use a different login ID and Password. Everything else can be the same as the old account. Hopefully that resolves your problem.

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #7  
2~3 years with Amazon Prime. Never any problem with orders or delivery.

I'm not happy to make Bezos richer but everything works as expected. Likely because a regional warehouse is nearby plus there are several more within 150 miles. NorCal, deep fringe (80 miles) from San Francisco.

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #8  
Since covid several shipments have been lost by the postal service with unknown delay exceptions.

I did score a couple of 100 gallon aluminum checker plate diesel storage tanks for $80 with free shipping that supposedly shipped then never shipped and then vendor reneged on the order.

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #9  

How are you paying? My sister experienced the exact same thing and finally realized she was sometimes selecting her credit card she had on file, but it had expired. Other times she was selecting a different card or maybe PayPal ( I forget which) and those orders were fine. Once she updated her account settings with new card info, everything went back to normal.
I've never had an issue with Amazon orders, until my current order. Placed it over 1 week ago. Shipped next day and scheduled for delivery 3 day later. Showed status as "Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item". That status hasn't changed in 7 days. Amazon note says "Sorry for the delay. If you don't receive your shipment today, request a refund tomorrow". It sounds like the Amazon shipping partner (AKA Amazon) lost the package in route to USPS.

/ Disappearing Amazon orders? #10  
Recommend you close down or delete your Amazon account. Wait 24 hours for their computers to process the account deactivation, and then start a complete new account. Use a different login ID and Password. Everything else can be the same as the old account. Hopefully that resolves your problem.

No, I don't recommend that at all. In fact, I wonder if that's what might have happened at some point. I recall some discussion on their forums (before they closed them down) about ghost accounts. Duplicate accounts with all the same credentials and information. Somehow when logging in, you would switch between them without your knowledge. Some of your orders appeared on one, the rest on the other.

Again, I say search your email account(s). Order confirmations are almost immediate. If you don't get one, the order was never fully placed. If you know you placed the order, but never got the email, the item or saw the charge on your card, it may have been on a ghost account with a bad/old email address and expired charge card.

If you can find an order number in any email and you don't see that order on the account you're logged into, get with their customer service. They should be able to use the order number to find out what happened.