Difficulty to replace rings Yanamr YM2000..?? Is it a DIY job..??

/ Difficulty to replace rings Yanamr YM2000..?? Is it a DIY job..?? #1  

treedawg

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Yanmar YM2000
The crankcase blow by on my trusty YM2000 has become quite excessive and it's not going to improve on it's on.

I have never replaced rings on anything but I'm a fairly decent shade tree mechanic. I split the YM2000 last year and replaced the clutch with relative ease.

I know the block is sleeved. Should I plan on replacing the sleeves and how are they removed from the block?

Is ring replacement a DIY job for decent shade tree mechanic?

What else is considered a must do when you go as deep as the rings??

What specialty tools will be needed to complete the task?

Are there any DIY videos on the YouTube to follow as an example?

/ Difficulty to replace rings Yanamr YM2000..?? Is it a DIY job..?? #2  
I think it should be a relatively easy for you.The split was much more difficult. You won't know till you get it apart to find out how bad the Cyl. walls are. And then make a decision. Just hone and ring it or Cylinders. Etc.... Send that Head while it's off to get it gone through.....

/ Difficulty to replace rings Yanamr YM2000..?? Is it a DIY job..?? #4  
That will give you a good read and then some. It goes real easy 99.9% of the time. Besides sending the head off to a shop your just need a Torgue wrench and something to clean the Block surface. Easy with the Head bolts. May consider just replacing them. This all could have been on the book but I seen that all coming when it started..........

/ Difficulty to replace rings Yanamr YM2000..?? Is it a DIY job..?? #5  
Good thread to follow. Thanks for posting the linked thread above Winston.