Diesel in crankcase

/ Diesel in crankcase #1  

kowdog1952

Tractor
New Holland TC30
I need some help figuring out an issue with my TC30. It's a 2004 model year with 2486 hours. Hydrostatic drive 4-wheel drive. I was doing some light ripping yesterday, and after finishing, I throttled up to drive back to the shed. The machine started knocking, blew a fair amount of white/grey smoke and stalled somewhat. Not to the point of dying, but very low rpm. I throttled back hoping it would clear, it did and ran pretty much normally, so I parked it. Looking at the gages, I notice the fuel level was considerately lower than I thought it should be, having filled it recently and not using it but 1 hour since filling.
As is my habit, I let it sit for a few minutes, then checked the oil and coolant levels. The oil level on the dipstick was twice as high as normal, very thin and smells of diesel fuel. My question. What it the most likely cause? I'm thinking the injection pump due to the hours, but after reading some past post's, am unsure. Any suggestions?
One more piece of info; I had to replace an o-ring on the #1 Delivery valve last year, late Fall. Tractor has run great until this issue, no excess oil level until this recent check. Thanks in advance K

Last edited:
   / Diesel in crankcase #2  
No other place for fuel to enter the crankcase, but through the injection pump

/ Diesel in crankcase
thanks, I went ahead and ordered a new pump and injectors based on the hours.

/ Diesel in crankcase #4  
Not the same engine but similar issue as yours, white, light gray smoke from my Ford PSD. Sent in oil analysis and results were diesel in the engine oil. New (rebuilt OEM Ford) injectors solved the problem.

I had originally suspected blown head gasket. The oil analysis confirmed otherwise.

Please post your results from new injectors and pump.

Good luck on your repair. (y)

/ Diesel in crankcase
Thanks for the reply, will do, ordered em from Tulsa New Holland. Nice folks, took time to make sure of correct parts and super friendly parts guy Jake.

/ Diesel in crankcase #6  
Thanks for the reply, will do, ordered em from Tulsa New Holland. Nice folks, took time to make sure of correct parts and super friendly parts guy Jake.
I noticed you joined TBN today. Welcome! :)

/ Diesel in crankcase
thanks

/ Diesel in crankcase #8  
Your Welcome!
*reminder… (Ford PSD) I was told to use only Ford OEM fuel filters and change them every oil change. Don’t trust cheap aftermarket filters unless they are premium quality like Amsoil. I think this might apply to all diesels?
“ Dirty fuel wears out the pump and injectors quick“. (y)