Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it?

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it? #11  
I have an uninsulated garage that we heat with a torpedo Kero heater and ceiling propane hog when necessary. But normally I just back the tractor in so the front under hood exhaust is facing out. If the wind is out of the east blowing exhaust back into the garage, I have a gable mount attic fan that I override the thermostat on and force it to run.

If you are messing with passive, flammable hoses, why not just start it and pull it 15 feet forward out of the garage. You aren't going to kill it moving it 15' cold.

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it? #12  
Stinking it up with diesel fumes.... Diesel smells like roses to me...the smell of the gods. :)

I don't think twice about it.

<snert> That reminds me of my submarine days (diesel/electric)... we lived with the fumes, surfaced or 'snorting' via the snorkle, to the point where you simply didn't notice them any more.

The exhaust, whilst surfaced & I was up on the fin, always made me crave a BBQ'd steak! :drool:

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it? #13  
Open doors etc. but I also switched the smoke detector to a heat detector. Saves a lot of false alarms! Same in my basement work shop.

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it?
I have an uninsulated garage that we heat with a torpedo Kero heater and ceiling propane hog when necessary. But normally I just back the tractor in so the front under hood exhaust is facing out. If the wind is out of the east blowing exhaust back into the garage, I have a gable mount attic fan that I override the thermostat on and force it to run.

If you are messing with passive, flammable hoses, why not just start it and pull it 15 feet forward out of the garage. You aren't going to kill it moving it 15' cold.

You're right, it is possible to move the Kubota cold. But we will be running a snowcat (trail groomer) this winter and I've been cautioned not to run it (fully hydrostatic,) until temp gauge moves. That's about 5 to 10 minutes depending on ambient temp. OP manual also says not to run until 50C, which is almost the same point where gauge first registers.

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it? #15  
You could build similar system as the high dollar commercial units, you can buy a duct fan for as little or as much as you want to spend. Then get some metal vent pipe for the biggest part of the run, then find some flexible duct to reach the exhaust stack.

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it?
You could build similar system as the high dollar commercial units, you can buy a duct fan for as little or as much as you want to spend. Then get some metal vent pipe for the biggest part of the run, then find some flexible duct to reach the exhaust stack.

This the direction I'm thinking about. Thought maybe someone on here has already done something similar.

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it? #17  
I simply look toward the day I have enclosed storage and actually need to vent the exhaust. Heck, I'd settle with a car port to replace the tarp storage. It is funny though when someone asks if the wind was strong last night. I can say, "Yea, sho was. Blew the barn (tarp) clean off my tractor." :D

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it? #18  
Open both doors, start it, run a couple minutes then pull it outside, walk back in 10 minutes later & can't smell a thing, cheap to.
Now gas is a different story.

Ronnie

/ Diesel Exhaust in your Garage/shop: How do you deal with it? #19  
Open both doors, start it, run a couple minutes then pull it outside, walk back in 10 minutes later & can't smell a thing, cheap to.

That's the way I do it too.