Diesel algae issue ?

/ Diesel algae issue ? #31  
Red fuel delivered here in the winter will usually be additive treated for the temperature at the fuel depot in Albany.
It will not be a blended fuel just an additive added. So if it's 45F it will be getting nothing, if it's 20F it will get an additive to keep it at fuel at that temperature. It is the customers responsibility if it will be used in colder weather.

/ Diesel algae issue ? #32  
I don't buy or use enough to get red it delivered and I have to travel way out of my way to get it spending more on the gas I burn to get there than I'd save. I do get it if I need it and going by but the guy hates is when he seems me pull 2 five gallon cans outa my trunk.

/ Diesel algae issue ? #33  
I don't buy or use enough to get red it delivered and I have to travel way out of my way to get it spending more on the gas I burn to get there than I'd save. I do get it if I need it and going by but the guy hates is when he seems me pull 2 five gallon cans outa my trunk.
Not me. I buy in bulk always because I use a lot of fuel during planting and harvest

/ Diesel algae issue ? #35  
I don't purchase my diesel in small quantities ever. I'm usually buying a couple hundred gallons at a time and I have it delivered and yes, I keep my tractor fuel tanks as full as possible all the time and still add Powerservice Bio Kleen anyway. Full tanks during ambient temp swings like we have here, gets little in tank condensation thus little water and no algae.

been down the algae road before and it cost me almost a grand in replacement parts to fix it.
It doesn't matter if I buy a couple hundred gallons or 25, red is red here and the price break is 300 with an added charge for delivery, last I asked it was 10 cents a gallon.

I've not had algae, water or any other fuel problem and I burn red in warm weather, pump fuel in cold weather. I don't even keep additive around, there's no need for it.

SR

/ Diesel algae issue ? #36  
BTW... I didn't forget about the source for biocide in Nova Scotia, just haven't heard back from my contact up there, yet. Mooring for winter seems to have him tied up awhile, but I believe that is now near finished, so we may get a response soon.

/ Diesel algae issue ? #38  
I've not had algae, water or any other fuel problem and I burn red in warm weather, pump fuel in cold weather. I don't even keep additive around, there's no need for it.
I'm reasonably confident that at some point with no biocide additives, you'll get to experience the dark colored stinky slime....

/ Diesel algae issue ? #39  
I'm reasonably confident that at some point with no biocide additives, you'll get to experience the dark colored stinky slime....
That's why I'm looking for an algecide. Currently all I'm doing is making sure I keep my tank full and checking the fuel bowl each time I use it.
Same reason I use a stabilizer in my gas, figured I'd be proactive rather than reactive, Speaking of that, did the price of stabilizer ever go thru the roof....as did everything else I guess.

/ Diesel algae issue ? #40  
You are probably right, but when?? We have been doing it this way since 1982, so when??

After 40 years of it NOT happening, I guess I won't get too worried about it now! lol

SR