Did not find a converter or decoder

/ Did not find a converter or decoder #1  

Roy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
Every time I click on any link, I receive the Netscape 4.7 error "did not find a converter or decoder". Only happening on this site (so far). Muhammad... Has anything changed in the last 2 weeks? Any guesses on what's up? Thanks.

/ Did not find a converter or decoder #2  
Roy, I have no idea what the problem might be. I used to use Netscape, but then quit and went to IE5. Everything is working normally for me.

Bird

/ Did not find a converter or decoder #3  
Roy and Bird,

I use IE also and have had 0 problems with the links.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Did not find a converter or decoder #4  
Roy,

We're aware of this error, and are waiting for a fix... the change is related to a new banner system running on the pages, that was placed June 30th. We should have it corrected soon.

msig.gif

/ Did not find a converter or decoder
This is weird. When I went to look at the responses to this thread, and one of my other of my threads, only came up with blank pages. Decided to switch to IE and bingo... text. Found out that this is what everyone has been trying to tell me... go to IE. Hope it gets resolved, but will live with IE in the mean time. (Just spent too many early days with Unix... got this pro-Netscape thing).

/ Did not find a converter or decoder #6  
Roy, since I don't know much about computers, and my ISP recommended Netscape (and even provides it on CD, even though my computer came with both Netscape and Internet Explorer), I started out using Netscape, got used to it, and liked it, except for one small problem; I just too frequently got that little dialogue box that said, "This program has performed an illegal function and will be shut down." I finally got tired of restarting it and went to IE. And still have no idea what the difference is or what it was doing./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

Bird; It has been very difficult staying loyal to Netscape these past few years. Up until about 2 or so years ago, most servers on the net were powered by the Netscape engines. Now, it has shifted to MS Active Server Pages (ASP) and NT servers. For now, it's an MS world, but maybe overtime, the MS breakup will make it more heterogeneous. Then again, AOL owning Netscape and Time Warner, it's just two giants punching it out. So, I really can't root for the underdog when there is none!

Looks like the problem has been fixed... no errors with Netscape now.