Did I Make a Mistake?

/ Did I Make a Mistake? #1  

Chrisb009

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2645 Cab
Recently purchased a Mahindra 2645. It痴 a new 2019 model. I picked it up a little more than three weeks ago from a dealer in Alabama. I filled it up around two weeks back. A few days later I could smell diesel fuel. It looked as if it may have been leaking around the main fuel line existing the bottom of the fuel tank. I tightened it up. A few days later I noticed it was still leaking so I removed the top cover off the back of the cab and looked at the return line. The area was dry. I removed the six cab bolts which attaches the fuel tank to the tractor and found every tank insert has cracked the tank and has caused it to leak at four attachment points. I called the selling dealer who suggested I call my local dealer. I called the local dealer and found out this tank has no ETA and there are zero in the supply chain. Did I make a mistake in purchasing Mahindra? Should I take it back to the selling dealer and request a full refund? Should I take legal action against the selling dealer and Mahindra? Appreciate any insight.

Thanks,

Chris

/ Did I Make a Mistake? #2  
I would not jump straight to legal action before you try to get this resolved with the selling dealer. Is this a significant leak that prevents you from using the tractor? If so, Will the selling dealer give you a loaner while you wait for the repair? If not, will they take the tractor back?

/ Did I Make a Mistake?
It’s a significant leak. I’ve attached pictures. The selling dealer is over 10 hours away. They were the only dealer who had a 2645 cab model at the time.

2DC741C9-BEFA-4B37-BFAC-78E54A1A0ED2.jpeg516913FE-9709-4889-A229-2C42CA13CA4E.jpeg

/ Did I Make a Mistake? #4  
Sad I would be very upset...I don't think you would get your money back....

/ Did I Make a Mistake?
I would tend to agree thus legal action based on suitability / usability would probably be the only alternative short of a replacement tank. Not sure when any replacements will be available.

/ Did I Make a Mistake? #6  
I would be pissed. A temporary fix would be to try jb weld. A friend repaired a fuel leak on his atv with it and it has held for yrs. I would definently make them get me a new tank though.

/ Did I Make a Mistake?
A question I do have - are there any Mahindra service manuals which actually have engine details? I have the shop manual however it completely leaves out the engine details as though it doesn’t exist. I know this thing doesn’t run from the earth’s magnetic properties. :)

/ Did I Make a Mistake?
I thought about JB weld however the cracks are in the area of the inserts so not sure how effective it would be in preventing fuel from leaking.

/ Did I Make a Mistake? #9  
Tell them to take a fuel tank out of a tractor on the lot..

/ Did I Make a Mistake?
It was the only 2645 they had however the 2638 looks to have a similar if not the same tank.