Did Cabellas scam me? a

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Today I got an invoice from PayPal CREDIT. It was for a purchase I made online at Cabellas in early January. I called PayPal to inquire why I was being invoiced when I have never applied for PayPal credit. They stated that I would have to call Cabellas as they set up the account.

I called Cabellas and found out, that when you went to check out using PayPal, they asked you for the last 4 of your SS#. I assumed at the time that this was just and added security measure to verify that I was the PayPal customer I said I was.

I come to find out that without disclosure or my acquiesence, Cabellas enrolled me in a credit arrangement with PayPal that has a 20% interest rate! The interesting part is that the account is in my "shipping" name which is not my legal name.

I wonder how much Cabellas is being "paid" to "create" new customers in an exhorbitant rate credit situation.

Be very careful when dealing with unscrupulous businesses.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a
I think you are very wrong.

Exactly what would I be wrong about?

An invoice from PayPay for an account that I did not set up in a name that is not my legal name or what?

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #4  
You can either do a regular paypal transacton or a paypal credit transaction. Everytime I checkout with paypal it asks me if I want the paypal credit. You probably didn't catch that when checking out.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #5  
Exactly what would I be wrong about?

An invoice from PayPay for an account that I did not set up in a name that is not my legal name or what?

Just to be clear, you said that you checked out using PayPal--Correct? If so, you either signed up or already had an account...They can only charge the 20% if you utilize their credit facility. A straight debit wouldn't apply- in my opinion anyway. Not really seeing an issue here unless something material was left out of your narrative.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a
You can either do a regular paypal transacton or a paypal credit transaction. Everytime I checkout with paypal it asks me if I want the paypal credit. You probably didn't catch that when checking out.

No you can't. PayPal informed me that Cabellas is ONLY using PayPal credit now. Hmmm.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #7  
No you can't. PayPal informed me that Cabellas is ONLY using PayPal credit now. Hmmm.

Login to your paypal account and look at the transaction and see what happened. I'm guessing you may have some of the emails sent from Cabela's to say what happened as well.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #8  

If this is the case, which would be very strange, just use your own credit card at checkout. That's what I do and just pay it off..no interest charges at all.

I have never seen a PayPal credit only anywhere at checkout. If this is the case with Cabella's, I'm sure they will hear plenty about it.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #9  
I've been using PayPal for years, but I've never been a fan of their business practices.

I would not be surprised at all if the OP is correct.

/ Did Cabellas scam me? a #10  
I've been using PayPal for years, but I've never been a fan of their business practices.

I would not be surprised at all if the OP is correct.

I've been a minimal PayPal user but never had any issue that I can think of...

What business practices are you referring to?..Not arguing, just curious. None of this makes any sense to me so far.