Diagnostic code reader

/ Diagnostic code reader #82  
George, Thanks for the info. The reason I'm looking for a code reader is my XG3037 is in engine shut down mode. I was moving snow and it dropped the rpm's to 1800, you could lower the rpm's but not go higher. I quit and headed to the house, I had been plowing for awhile so I shut the tractor off and went in the house. The next day I started the tractor, The dash lights showed the engine warning indicator with 2 second blinks and the regen indicator with 1 second blinks. I let the tractor run (still not over 1800 rpm's) waiting for the regen. It changed to engine warning indicator blinking every 2 seconds, the temp indicator on , the regen indicator on and the inhibit indicator off. It was still at 1800 rpm's and it wouldn't start the regen, finally I went in the house and let it run. When I came out it had stopped running and when I started it the engine warning indicator was blinking every 1 second and the regen indicator was blinking every 1 second which put it in "engine shut down mode". Started it again and it would only run for 30 or so seconds. The tractor has 220 hours and I have owned it for 7 of those. It has done one regen as it should while I was working. The closest dealer is over an hour away, I don't have a trailer and when talking to a tech on Saturday, he didn't think they would send a tech and if they did he thought the charge would be at least 5 or 6 hours and that didn't include fixing the problem. Getting expensive. Anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks much, John

/ Diagnostic code reader #83  
George, Thanks for the info. The reason I'm looking for a code reader is my XG3037 is in engine shut down mode. I was moving snow and it dropped the rpm's to 1800, you could lower the rpm's but not go higher. I quit and headed to the house, I had been plowing for awhile so I shut the tractor off and went in the house. The next day I started the tractor, The dash lights showed the engine warning indicator with 2 second blinks and the regen indicator with 1 second blinks. I let the tractor run (still not over 1800 rpm's) waiting for the regen. It changed to engine warning indicator blinking every 2 seconds, the temp indicator on , the regen indicator on and the inhibit indicator off. It was still at 1800 rpm's and it wouldn't start the regen, finally I went in the house and let it run. When I came out it had stopped running and when I started it the engine warning indicator was blinking every 1 second and the regen indicator was blinking every 1 second which put it in "engine shut down mode". Started it again and it would only run for 30 or so seconds. The tractor has 220 hours and I have owned it for 7 of those. It has done one regen as it should while I was working. The closest dealer is over an hour away, I don't have a trailer and when talking to a tech on Saturday, he didn't think they would send a tech and if they did he thought the charge would be at least 5 or 6 hours and that didn't include fixing the problem. Getting expensive. Anyone out there have any ideas? Thanks much, John

/ Diagnostic code reader #84  
Sorry to hear this John. I guess I've been lucky with mine. I bought mine new in 2014 and was worried about regen cycles and going into limp mode like yours has. Not sure where you are located. If you were close I could help you haul it to a dealer. From your description it seems like a dealer will have to connect it to his LS computer / analyzer.

I just passed 365 hours on mine and have seen many regens and running between 2200-2600 RPM's they have always completed their cycles. My main use is snow plowing and occasional summer use lifting heavy items and gravel work. I wish there was a way for us users to reset the CPU but so far no one has come up with a solution.

/ Diagnostic code reader #85  
Sorry to hear this John. I guess I've been lucky with mine. I bought mine new in 2014 and was worried about regen cycles and going into limp mode like yours has. Not sure where you are located. If you were close I could help you haul it to a dealer. From your description it seems like a dealer will have to connect it to his LS computer / analyzer.

I just passed 365 hours on mine and have seen many regens and running between 2200-2600 RPM's they have always completed their cycles. My main use is snow plowing and occasional summer use lifting heavy items and gravel work. I wish there was a way for us users to reset the CPU but so far no one has come up with a solution.
George, Thanks for your empathy. I wouldn't expect anyone to haul it for me. Although your kind words make it a little easier to swallow. Thought if I bought a code reader it might allow me to reset the code and do the regen. Oh well, I'll figure it out once I talk to a couple of dealers. Thanks again, John

Last edited:
   / Diagnostic code reader #86  
I have the same engine shut down problem onn my XR 3037H. I bought the Nexas NL 102 diagnostic tool but the adaptor I bought is the wrong one from Grandview They sent a GES031A and the pin configuration is wrong. (Fits but the metal pins are wrong. Does anyone know what adaptor works with this tool to read the tractor codes? All I get is no connection detected.