Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty?

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #52  
same applies to airless paint sprayers as well as hydraulic hoses and pipes on tractors. Have a buddy who had to have his lower arm amputated from a close encounter with an airless sprayer
Yes they don't warn the public enough about all the dangers.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #53  
That don't mean it's empty, could be an air pocket in the tube of grease.

Technically true but if it’s making the slapping sound it’s not putting grease in the pin.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #54  
When grease stops coming out I know either the battery is dead or the tube is empy.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #55  
I will stick with my hand pump don't
need to add more weight in a grease
gun and then you have to take the time
to charge it. I have had my grease gun
since 1971 and it works fine think it will
out last me!

willy
I'm going to be finding the grease gun for my own come tomorrow. I came to the thread figuring they all were hand-pump grease guns. I know that that's going to be my go-to.

Side note: I wish I could have found a grease gun in my thickets of toolery. But I have to wait until *after* I come back from Lowes with a newly purchased one. Then an old, perfectly good one will manifest itself.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #57  
Every grease gun I have ever owned would show you the level of grease left by simply pulling the plunger handle. If it doesn't pull out that's your sign.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #58  
Every grease gun I have ever owned would show you the level of grease left by simply pulling the plunger handle. If it doesn't pull out that's your sign.
I also own a DeWalt and will never be without one. I charge it when I service my pickup along with my impact wrench and have never had either one die on me.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #59  
same applies to airless paint sprayers as well as hydraulic hoses and pipes on tractors. Have a buddy who had to have his lower arm amputated from a close encounter with an airless sprayer
I use to get quite rough when I found someone running a hand down a leaking hydraulic line. All of my shops had a box that was full of flaps cut from cardboard boxes. Great way to find a leak. I consider myself lucky that in 15 years I didn't have to deal with an injection injury.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #60  
Best addition I ever added to my grease gun was a locking connector. No need to push & hold the connector to the zert fitting. Just lock it on and it never leaks when pushing grease into the fitting. For me, it has been a great addition to my electric grease gun. BTW, mine is a Milwaukee and it also makes the clicking sound different when out of grease. Pulling the handle is a better way to keep track, tho.