Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty?

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #61  
I have the DeWalt battery grease gun, and I find it saves a lot of time when hay season rolls around. You'll know it's empty when it runs a little faster and no longer pumps grease out of the end. And yes, as others have said you can get a feel for how much grease is left by pulling on the spring rod. I've never hit an air pocket (after the initial bleed for a new tube) either, so while possible I'd say it's unlikely.

Mine only makes a slapping sound when it's deadheaded on a blocked grease fitting, and grease comes out of the pressure relief port in front.

/ Dewalt Grease Gun - How to know tube is empty? #62  
Best addition I ever added to my grease gun was a locking connector. No need to push & hold the connector to the zert fitting. Just lock it on and it never leaks when pushing grease into the fitting. For me, it has been a great addition to my electric grease gun. BTW, mine is a Milwaukee and it also makes the clicking sound different when out of grease. Pulling the handle is a better way to keep track, tho.
I agree. Tried LocknLube but it can't get into the recessed zerks on my Kioti CK30. Any solutions ?