Deutz 3006 PTO Question

/ Deutz 3006 PTO Question #1  

rickyb01

Silver Member
Tractor
1976 Deutz 3006 1962 John Deere 1010
I have a 60's model 3006 that jumps out of PTO gear while bushhogging. This just started over the weekend but while you are bushhogging it will start grinding and making a heck of a noise. You push in on the clutch and engage the pto again it goes in smooth with no grinding and start bushhoggin and withing 10 minutes it starts grinding and has popped back out. Is this maybe worn out PTO gears. Sorry but not very mechanical so just trying to get a place to start troubleshooting. Thanks for all the help in advance. Rick

/ Deutz 3006 PTO Question #2  
I'd say the forks (for lack of a better term) is worn, you will have to go into it to see "exactly" what is worn and letting it work "out of" gear.

SR

/ Deutz 3006 PTO Question
Thanks for the response Sawyer Rob.

/ Deutz 3006 PTO Question
does anybody know if this will all come out the back of the pto or will I have to split it to look at it?. Sorry don't have any experience with deutz. Even though I have owned this tractor for 10 years I have never had to work on it. Thanks Rick

/ Deutz 3006 PTO Question #5  
I think you can drain the tranny, take the seat off, pull the cover under the seat and see what's going on.

At least, that's what I remember...

While you are in there, look for a plastic ? basket strainer in there. Clean it good before closing everything back up.

SR