Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode

/ Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode #1  

MChalkley

Elite Member
Tractor
EarthForce EF-5 mini-TLB (2001)
Descending date order posts in \'Flat\' mode

Muhammad - Has there been any more progress on the feature to allow a preference setting for showing posts in 'Flat' mode in descending date order? With the number of posts on the board and the increasing number of posts in long-running topics, it sure would save a lot of time and bandwidth to be able to cut the number of posts per page to 5 or 10 and see only the most recent.

Mark

/ Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode #2  
Re: Descending date order posts in \'Flat\' mode

Mark,

Yes, there are some new features being worked on, and that is one... Hopefully, it will be an option in your profile to set the flat mode display to ascending or descending.

Regards...

msig.gif

/ Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode

Thanks! I'll bet you'll be able to measure the decrease in traffic, even if I'm the only one who uses it! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode #4  

Yeah, and all the wear and tear on your mouse! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I had tried every option thinking I had overlooked this one, but sure will be glad to see it also. I find myself going through a lot of second menu loads only to click the only unread item and go to it, wait for it to load, and then go to the bottom of the flat thread.

/ Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode #5  

Muhammad:

Has this been implemented yet? I see that there is a selection in the profile for it, which I have done but once I get into a thread I still get the oldest post at the top of the page and need to scroll all the way down to see the newest.

Am I missing a setting or something?

Bill

/ Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode #6  

The sort order is for the forum indexes... the reversed order in flat mode is coming soon. We have some new features coming, probably within the next couple of weeks. And hopefully within a week or so from then, we'll have this ready...

msig.gif

/ Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode #7  

Let me add a 'hopefully' to that... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif since I can't really guarantee that we can do it. Will try, though.

msig.gif

/ Descending date order posts in 'Flat' mode #8  

Thanks, Muhammad.

I'll add my voice to all those who heap praise on you and this board!

I know this isn't just a "hobby" for you, I've looked at your business website. I sure hope this board is serving it's purpose to you as a "reference account", and bringing in a bunch of business. What you have here is an excellent example of how a web site can attract traffic and hold interest (repeat visits). On the other hand, I'd guess you were somewhat chagrined when one of the posters noted that he has his bookmark set for the forum index page - thus bypassing the home page and all of its banner ads etc.

Thanks again for the board and continued success in your business.

Bill