Dependable Grey market models

/ Dependable Grey market models #1  

klawson44

Anyone have strong opinions on 14-18 hp models other than Yanmars, such as Iseki, Hinomoto, Mitsubishi or Shibaura?? I only need 2wd, as I will mostly be mowing (3pt finish mower) yard etc with it, and the occasional tilling

/ Dependable Grey market models #2  
The three tractors you mentioned are excellent tractors. I have had experience with Hinomoto, Iseki and Yanmars. I have found that Yanmar parts are easier to find. I had problems getting a head gasket for a Mitsubishi this summer. I am wondering why you do not want a Yanmar?

/ Dependable Grey market models #3  
I would rather have a Shibaura than anything else /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Yanmar is last on my list except for a few exceptions.

/ Dependable Grey market models #4  
Porky

I have a Kubota L1501 which is the same as a L185 here in Aus but similar to your L175 I understand.

Then again I have no idea where you are as there is mi info on your profile.

Mine is 18hp and has been fine.

Cheers

/ Dependable Grey market models
Thanks for the response, it is not a matter of not wanting a Yanmar, it's just that I already have one (and like it) and there is tons of information on those. I was trying to see if anything else would work as well or maybe better. Thanks for your thoughts.

/ Dependable Grey market models #6  
To decide what works well or better we would have to be talking about a specific task. Did you have one in mind?

/ Dependable Grey market models #7  
Shoot me an e-mail. I have a 2WD Ford 1100 that is in the hp range you mention and it has turf tires so that would be a plus for mowing. Tractors4u@hotmail.com

/ Dependable Grey market models #8  
Are there any Shibauras with nearly identical US models? Especially in the 18 to 24 HP range and made in the mid to later 1980's. Where do you get parts?

/ Dependable Grey market models #9  
I stay away from mid to later 80's grey mkts. they far more complicated and tend to be lighter and more expensive. SD, SU model Shibauras are tough as nails and some models are close to Ford but I dont get caught up in the crossover game, it takes to much time. Feel free to email me or call the shop anytime and we can talk about them.

Buck