Demon 170

/ Demon 170 #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
So Chrysler has been hyping the “Last Call” on the Challengers, Chargers and 300C cars because it’s the last year. Most of them are just a appearance package but yesterday the announced the Demon 170.

It’s designed to run on 93 octane pump gas or E85, hence the 170 name. E85 is 170 proof. It makes a little over 1000 horsepower and has as 0 to 60 of 1.66 seconds, runs the 1/4 mile in the high 8 second range at about 151 mph. Sticker price is a little under $100k. It comes with a standard drivers cloth seat but you can get a full interior at no cost. Word on the street is they will command a $100k premium even though Chryslers says they will give priority to dealers selling at sticker price. How can they control that price, money under the table?

At a drag strip it will pickup both front tires. I’d keep it if they gave me one I guess.
7BA77984-E7C1-40FF-AFCA-BA66E64AB6DE.jpeg

/ Demon 170 #2  
Sad to see the LX and V8's leaving; electric cars, and those who insist on forcing them upon us, can take a nice vacation to an eternally warm place where they can insert pineapples into orifices' they do not belong.

/ Demon 170
I saw a video on the replacement for the Challenger. It’s all electric. They explained how they put an exhaust on it and made realistic sounds for it. The pipes make it sound real, blah blah blah. I just want to find guy, get in his face a yell THAT‘S ALL FAKE”. It’s like a little kid leaning out the window and yelling VROOM, VROOM.

/ Demon 170 #4  
I saw a video on the replacement for the Challenger. It’s all electric. They explained how they put an exhaust on it and made realistic sounds for it. The pipes make it sound real, blah blah blah. I just want to find guy, get in his face a yell THAT‘S ALL FAKE”. It’s like a little kid leaning out the window and yelling VROOM, VROOM.
On All Girls Garage they installed a new Borla sound system on a Mach E Ford. Why? If you want engine noises, get a car with an engine.

/ Demon 170 #5  
Sad to see the LX and V8's leaving; electric cars, and those who insist on forcing them upon us, can take a nice vacation to an eternally warm place where they can insert pineapples into orifices' they do not belong.
I feel the same way. I do believe that the merits of electric will eventually sell them, which is how our system is suppose to work. However, it should be part of evolution as the younger crowd takes over, without understanding how a good racing cam can be felt like a thump in your heart.

/ Demon 170 #7  
The Demon YouTube video on the drag strip (sub 10 sec if I remember correctly) is very well done. Been out for a number of years.

Factory trans brake? Or line lock?

Air conditioned bypass to the intercooler I believe.

/ Demon 170 #8  
I'm trying to understand how they got an 8 sec quarter mile out of a 2wd car that has enough road manners to sell at a dealership without mods like slicks trans brake etc. not to mention the NHRA required roll cage flexplate shield d-shaft loop and parachute etc. for 150+ mph

/ Demon 170
It’s running race slicks that have enough tread to make them street legal. It has a line lock and a trans brake. It also gives the driver control over pulling torque off the line if the car is losing traction off the line. He can then control how quickly the power is added back in. The car is quite a bit different than the original Demon.

In one of the videos they show a letter from the NHRA saying they can’t run the car without the roll cage and other safety items added.