Demand for a PT Grapple??

/ Demand for a PT Grapple?? #21  
It would be very cool to have EA attachments. When I bought my attachments, I did not know of EA (I did not know of any tractor stuff). I would have gladdy pruchased their products.

As an FYI on attachemnts, I tend to buy things that are 3 point and then figure a way to weld on QA plates. I make my own plates as well. Got 4 sitting around so I need to go buy 4 implements very soon.

/ Demand for a PT Grapple??
A 30" grapple with a 30" lid and a 30" opening, at around 200 lbs, would certainly be a wicked grapple for the PT-422/425 size machines. I wonder if that 30" width would also work for the mini-skidsteers, like a Toro Dingo? That would really broaden their potential market.

Ted isn't crazy about the idea, but someone ordering one would probably make the first one happen.
It really won't change the price, but it will be more manageable for smaller machines. Yes, the mini skidsteer quick attach is under 30", so it would be awesome for those machines as well.
It should be as simple as making it without the 2 outer tines. I say simple, but everything on it is cut with our laser, which will have to be programmed to make it different!
Travis

/ Demand for a PT Grapple?? #23  
Maybe the potential sales of a lightweight 30" mini-skid grapple would cause him to reconsider. I'll bet a 30" one would be close to 150 lbs lighter than some of the competing mini skid designs! ������

Last edited:
   / Demand for a PT Grapple?? #24  
View attachment 480597

Meanwhile, my 50" looks like it is ready for paint! That is fast -- they only received the QA plate last Wednesday!

Attachments

• POWERTRAC50_1500.jpg
    POWERTRAC50_1500.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 136
   / Demand for a PT Grapple?? #28  
ptgrapple_1500.jpg

It's fun to watch it come to life. Thanks, Travis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Demand for a PT Grapple?? #29  
Travis - Kent. I have a small issue to bring up. I know two of us here can attest to this as we both have modified third party equipment to our machines. The angle of the quick attach plate may not be severe enough. As KenT machine is a bit older, this may not apply, but on our newer machinse with built in QA, the plates had to be removed and reinstalled with a gussett behind to create enough downtilt. I can take a picture if that helps, but I would hate to see that lovely grapple arrive and you have to get the QA removed and replaced... Better to get it done at the factory.

/ Demand for a PT Grapple??
Travis - Kent. I have a small issue to bring up. I know two of us here can attest to this as we both have modified third party equipment to our machines. The angle of the quick attach plate may not be severe enough. As KenT machine is a bit older, this may not apply, but on our newer machinse with built in QA, the plates had to be removed and reinstalled with a gussett behind to create enough downtilt. I can take a picture if that helps, but I would hate to see that lovely grapple arrive and you have to get the QA removed and replaced... Better to get it done at the factory.

Kent and I didn't discuss the forward angle, but here is the best side view of our grapple I could find.
Travis
IMG_8374.jpg