Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location

/ Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location #1  

JasG

Veteran Member
Tractor
B2650,
I have a Deere 500A backhoe that I need to service the trans. This is suppose to be the same powershift trans that was on the 3020. Really this is a 3020 with a heavier axle and additional frame to support the hoe and loader. I know there is a sump screen for the transmission I just am not sure where it is.

Any one know where the access point is for the screen? The 2 filters are are just like the tractor under the left side behind and under the battery.

/ Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location #2  
Trans sump screen lies crossways behind hyd filters and in front of rear axle. Hyd oil needs to be drained before removal of screen. There's also a small screen in inlet side of main hyd pump.

/ Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location
Trans sump screen lies crossways behind hyd filters and in front of rear axle. Hyd oil needs to be drained before removal of screen. There's also a small screen in inlet side of main hyd pump.

Found the sump screen today.

How do you get the to screen on the pump? My service book doesn't show one. Of course it shows the sump screen, but doesn't show how to get too it.

/ Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location #4  
Bottom RH plug in the pump that's closest to the frt of tractor. Part # R27173 FILTER ELEMENT 1

/ Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location
Thank you.

/ Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location #6  
I still can't find where the sum screen is located on my 3020 jd it is the gas model

/ Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location #7  
Maybe this photo will help you locate the screen retaining plug.

Attachments

• a202573.jpg
    a202573.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 2,376
   / Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location #8  
Thank you for the help. is it OK to run multiple purpose hydraulic fliud. Instead of the stuff at john deere dealer.

/ Deere 3020/500A trans sump screen location #9  
Not sure what you mean when you ask if "okay" ? It is your risk, not ours.

I won't take the chance that it might not be okay, and buy the JD oil (stuff :D )

Others may give you the permission that you ask for.