,Decoding Kubota wiring diagrams

/ ,Decoding Kubota wiring diagrams #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
I'm chasing down an electrical gremlin in the Key Stop Solenoid system for my L4330.

The wiring diagram for WSM manual, page 9M-1 and on, shows wires and cables as follows:

2 B/R
0.5 B/L
0.5 B
0.5 R/B
0.5 R
1.25 R/W

I know what the letters mean per page 9M-1 (e.g. B/R = Black/Red, B/L = Black/Blue and so on).

The question I have is about the numbers: What do they mean? It's not the # of wires (how do you have 0.5 wires?) and unlike the colors, the WSM does not specify what the number means.

Thanks in advance.

/ ,Decoding Kubota wiring diagrams #3  
It means the cross section area of the wire. It's the metric way of describing the size of wire.

In imperial, you have wire gauge. In metric it's the cross section area. 2 means 2 mm², 0.5 means 0.5 mm², and so on.

/ ,Decoding Kubota wiring diagrams
Well crap! No wonder I couldn't figure out what it was: It was in commie language!

Thanks chim, I saved that document. 'Preciate it! [beer]

/ ,Decoding Kubota wiring diagrams #6  
You may find test diagnostic tests from the L4330 WSM helpful

The OPC aka Operator Presence Controller plays a major role in operating the stop solenoid.

Now that I see you have the GST I will look further.

Telling us about the symptoms may get you an answer not just help deciphering the wiring diagrams which are almost impossible to use to figure out how something operates.

forum L4330 stop solenoid tests 1.jpg

forum L4330 stop solenoid relay.jpg

PS Back with more OPC info. Read the attached pdf page with the description of how the OPC system operates.

forum L4330 checking OPC system.jpg

Dave M7040

Attachments

• forum L4330 OPC operation.pdf
    263.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I traced the problem to the engine stop solenoid relay. Removed it, bench tested it, tested ok, reinstalled it. Now I have power to the engine stop solenoid, unlike before. Don't know what happened to fix it, but it's working now.

/ ,Decoding Kubota wiring diagrams #8  
Take a good look at the contacts and the wires to the relay. I bet you find corrosion there and this problem will come back.

Take a good look at the contacts and the wires to the relay. I bet you find corrosion there and this problem will come back.
The contacts looked brand new. The whole relay and connector is covered in a rubber boot. The whole area was dusty as heck (it's under the instrument panel) but the relay/connector looked like it just came out of the shipping box.

It's a good thing it got working again because a replacement relay is like $95 with no known Amazon/egay equivalent. :(

/ ,Decoding Kubota wiring diagrams #10  
Hi, FTG.. Dave.. and everyone

I am also having a "gremlin" in fuel stop solenoid circuit, but my L4330 is an HST. Dave 7040, the diagnostic page you posted for FTG's GST seemed like a good resource. Do you have a page for and HST that you could post? It would be mucho appreciated. I did some tinkering today I fiddled with the "key Stop" fuse and could hear the fuel stop solenoid clicking. I pulled inspected and reseated the fuse and tractor ran fine for an hour and then started shutting down again.

Also, is there such a thing as a free wiring diagram for Kubotas or would I have to buy one?

thanks for posting!