Deck Over vs Equipment Trailer w/ Fenders

/ Deck Over vs Equipment Trailer w/ Fenders #11  
The only problem I've seen with the "equipment" trailers compared to the deckovers is the width of equipment you can load.
and the ease of loading and unloaded palleted loads.

/ Deck Over vs Equipment Trailer w/ Fenders #12  
I usually buy fertilizer and other products by the pallet and a deck over trailer makes loading from the side a snap. If you ever trailer a wide implement, the deck over gives you more room.

/ Deck Over vs Equipment Trailer w/ Fenders #13  
If both trailer styles deck over vs equipment trailer with fenders are the same specifications (length, axles & ramps ect) which will weigh more?

Deck over style

Equipment style trailers

I understand the benefits of both but unsure about the weight comparison.

The examples are bumper pull but the question applies to gooseneck trailers too.
I've built all three and the weight capacity is the biggest difference. The gooseneck will always weigh more because of the hitch. The difference between the other two is really insignificant.

/ Deck Over vs Equipment Trailer w/ Fenders #14  
A tilting deck will always be heavier than an equivalent equipment hauler or deckover. You have the frame for the trailer plus the frame for the tilting deck.

I had a short gravity tilt & now a power tilt deckover. I like loading on both. The power tilt deckover is relatively steep & some impliments drag a hair. Nice to load stuff over the sides with no rails or fenders in the way though. I've had a few battery issues over the years, but thankfully no pump issues. A busted pump would leave you with no way to load or unload a machine.