Deck "Caddy"

/ Deck "Caddy" #1  

homey53

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota RTV 900, 2016 Kubota BX25 DBL
During one of my searches on YouTube (at least I think that's where it was) I saw a guy that had built a "Caddy" to store his 60 inch deck in for the winter. I've looked, but I can't find it now. It stores the deck up on edge, so it takes much less floor space. It seems like a pretty simple build, and I'm sure I could figure it out as I go, but I was wondering if anyone here had ever built one, and if there are plans drawn up for one?

/ Deck "Caddy" #2  
For the deck storage I bought a set of axles from here:

Kubota Stands

They have really helped my storage issues. There has been some discussion in the past about the gearbox leaking. Mine never has. They are a little pricey and you could make them yourself, but they are very well made and for me it was just easier to buy them.

To use them, you remove your anti-scalp wheels and replace them with these axles and wheels. You can roll the deck around. They do recommend a safety chain. I have never use one and haven't had any issues with it tipping over.

Doug in SW IA

Last edited:
   / Deck "Caddy"
For the deck storage I bought a set of axles from here:

Kubota Stands

They have really helped my storage issues. There has been some discussion in the past about the gearbox leaking. Mine never has. They are a little pricey and you could make them yourself, but they are very well made and for me it was just easier to buy them.

To use them, you remove your anti-scalp wheels and replace them with these axles and wheels. You can roll the deck around. They do recommend a safety chain. I have never use one and haven't had any issues with it tipping over.

Doug in SW IA
Thanks for the info.

/ Deck "Caddy" #4  
I bought a couple of the cheapy wagon tires from Harbor Freight, a steel rod, 4 flat washers and 2 hairpins. just need to cut the rod to correct length, drill holes in end for hairpins, and you're done...

/ Deck "Caddy" #5  
I bought a couple of the cheapy wagon tires from Harbor Freight, a steel rod, 4 flat washers and 2 hairpins. just need to cut the rod to correct length, drill holes in end for hairpins, and you're done...
where did you get the steel rod?

/ Deck "Caddy" #6  
I hang my 72" Kubota deck up in the barn using a 2" ratchet strap. It's vertical and out of the way. Strap cost $10 on sale at TSC.

/ Deck "Caddy" #7  
where did you get the steel rod?
Tractor Supply I think, but any hardware store that sells those small pieces of metal sizes should have it. Ratchet strap would also work to hang it up if you have place for strap to fo around...