death of regular cab pickups

/ death of regular cab pickups #311  
   / death of regular cab pickups #313  
I just gave my great grandson my 81 Chevy C10 today. I hope he comes to pick it up soon. It will need a little work to get it going again. It's been sitting since 2016 but ran when parked. :whistle:

/ death of regular cab pickups #314  
I just gave my great grandson my 81 Chevy C10 today. I hope he comes to pick it up soon. It will need a little work to get it going again. It's been sitting since 2016 but ran when parked. :whistle:
Good stuff. Hope he understands what he is having the opportunity to own. :cool:

/ death of regular cab pickups #315  
Good stuff. Hope he understands what he is having the opportunity to own. :cool:
I think he does. I gave him the shop manual for it to take home and look over. He spent over an hour going over the truck inside and out. He was grinning ear to ear. He's 16 now but doesn't have a driver's license yet. I think he said next month.

/ death of regular cab pickups #316  
I think he does. I gave him the shop manual for it to take home and look over. He spent over an hour going over the truck inside and out. He was grinning ear to ear. He's 16 now but doesn't have a driver's license yet. I think he said next month.
Good on you. Jewels in your Crown.

/ death of regular cab pickups
I ordered my 1990 F250 with manual hubs and had to wait 5 months for delivery as the hubs were on back order. Still drive that truck, now at 440,000 KM.
good for you. basically same here @ 306k(m) & running strong

/ death of regular cab pickups #318  
good for you. basically same here @ 306k(m) & running strong
Still running my 1991 Ford F-250 (bought it used in 1996.)
4x4, 5 speed, 460 CI
IMG_0094.JPG

/ death of regular cab pickups
righteous truck

/ death of regular cab pickups #320  
I have a long bed quad cab 4x4 truck with Cummins diesel. It has done lots of work hauling firewood, hay, cargo, and trailers. Lots of work trucks are 4 doors because they need to haul more than 2 or 3 people. A standard cab truck with manual transmission is basically a two person vehicle. Many loggers use quad cabs to haul crews in the woods and refer to them as “6 packs.” Having 2 or 4 doors has nothing to do with their use for work.
I grew up in the timber country of E. Oregon. Small lumber mill town. All the ''6 packs" in those days were called "crummies" because that's all all the Dodges looked after a week in the woods.