Sickle Bar Dearborn 14-15 sickle bar mower ??

/ Dearborn 14-15 sickle bar mower ?? #1  

rut3556

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2250, Kubota TG1860
Howdy,

I realize the Dearborn 14-15 sickle bar mower was designed for use with the Ford 8/9N series tractors, but would it also be usable on a tractor with a standard 3 pt. hitch? I have a chance to pick one up cheap, but if it won't work for me there isn't much sense in it. :)

Thanks much,

RUT

/ Dearborn 14-15 sickle bar mower ?? #2  
Howdy,

I realize the Dearborn 14-15 sickle bar mower was designed for use with the Ford 8/9N series tractors, but would it also be usable on a tractor with a standard 3 pt. hitch? I have a chance to pick one up cheap, but if it won't work for me there isn't much sense in it. :)

Thanks much,

RUT

As far as I know, Ford 8N and 9N have the standard (Ferguson) 3pt hitch. Check the N Tractor Club for info on that mower.

N Tractor Club

Here's the operating manual

Dearborn 14-15/16 Rear Mower - Owner's Manual

Good luck.

BTW:I have three sicklebar mowers: an Allis Chalmers 80T tow-behind mower (7-ft cut), a Massey Ferguson 41 3pt sicklebar mower (7-ft cut) and a mid-mount sicklebar mower for my 1951 Farmall Super A (7-ft cut).

Expect to replace the sickle sections and probably the guard/ledger plate assemblies to get the mower to cut properly (up to $200 for parts if all the guards need to be replaced).

/ Dearborn 14-15 sickle bar mower ??
Flusher,

Thanks much for the info. In researching this, it's apparent this particuilar mower is really set up for the 8N type tractors. Probably what I really need is a tow behind such as you have.

Thanks again,

RUT

/ Dearborn 14-15 sickle bar mower ?? #4  
Just acquired a Dearborn 14-15 with 6 ft. bar. it looks like it's been used recently by the grease and the grease fittings but I think it's going to require major repairs to the cutter bar. Where would be the best place to acquire parts? Will be trying to adapt this for use on either a Kioti HST35 or an International 444. Maybe just better to scrap it or put it on the market for sale. Any help would be appreciated. County Sawyer.