Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #191  
it was the height of “Customer choice”
yes, the good old days when customers had the most influence on what the market supplied.....But we were our own manufacturer/supplier back then and competition gave us those choices...... then add in government mandates/compliance etc. and the choices are further diluted.....

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #192  
Fiat

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #193  
The simple fact that the customer is trying to trade his tractor for a different brand may be a good indication that he thinks the other brand is better than what he is trying to trade. If what he has is a good tractor, why go to another brand?
Because he may not be getting a good value on trade from the original dealer is one reason.
JD was showing me $1500 for my Japanese built JD.
Mahindra showed me $7000 for my JD toward my Japanese built Mahindra.
Had zero to do with your premise.
Also, the equivalent JD to my present machine had plastic fenders, plastic hood, plastic floor boards, lower lift capacities and weighed less by a lot and to top it all off, an aluminum gear case.
The JD was $2000 more in asking price and a 30 minute longer ride to get to.
I did not need a degree in quantum physics to acknowledge these reasons as valid enough to switch brands.

Last edited:
   / Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #194  
The simple fact that the customer is trying to trade his tractor for a different brand may be a good indication that he thinks the other brand is better than what he is trying to trade. If what he has is a good tractor, why go to another brand?
I sold my John Deere and bought a Kioti.
Under your theory, what does that mean ?

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #195  
Well heck let's see I've got an IH, a NH, a Branson, just bought a Kioti, I do have a Kubota F series lawn mower.
And parked in the woods is a John Deere lawn mower first thing I've had that the fuel tank just collapsed on it's self the filler neck twisted off and the top of that plastic tank just fell in, real high quality.
Now if I go over to the farm it's a slew of IH, some NH a lonely Kubota and a couple Deeres.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #197  
Now if I go over to the farm it's a slew of IH, some NH a lonely Kubota and a couple Deeres.
I've noticed that about Kubotas, too. They don't seem to have the same need for company that other brands do. I wonder what that means?

rScotty

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #198  
I've noticed that about Kubotas, too. They don't seem to have the same need for company that other brands do. I wonder what that means?

rScotty

They're solitary creatures. 🤣

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #199  
Trover, your ignorance is showing. Doosan is Bobcat's parent. Just because they don't have a name familiar to you does not make them bad.

Also, there were lots of value brands back in the day. John Deere was a value brand in the tractor market (they started out making plows). That is until they got better at making tractors and marketing got better, too. The vast number of brands helped to keep prices down. The big two are actively working to imply that other brands are junk because they like the higher margins they get from the reputation. Once more people realize that most tractors are well made, they will not pay the premium.

There's a lot of ignorance and trolling going on in this thread. Though the very name of the thread invites all of the JD only and Kubota only Nazis out of the woodwork.

I do find it entertaining that some like to insinuate that it is because you can't afford a JD or a Kubota. I think it makes them feel financially superior or something.