Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #171  
The simple fact that the customer is trying to trade his tractor for a different brand may be a good indication that he thinks the other brand is better than what he is trying to trade. If what he has is a good tractor, why go to another brand?
In my case, I own a Mahindra 3525 (770 hours) that has worked fine for 9 years but recently started having weak brakes. When I took them apart, I found a small amount of oil from the transmission case appears to be leaking from the bull pinion shaft. I have called the Mahindra dealer that sold it to me several times over the past 4 months. Neither the parts guy or the repair service guy will talk on the phone or return calls even after I spoke to the owner.

Tried again yesterday, the service guy still doesn't answer phone calls to discuss repairing my tractor. I did find out that the parts guy has quit and the new replacement told me the former parts guy wasn't even ordering parts for their own service department and a bunch of customers are upset. Then they put me on hold yet again....and I have yet to get any kind of repair estimate from them.

There is another dealer about 60 miles from me, but I haven't dealt with them and have been told different opinions about them.

There are 4 decent Kubota dealers in my area, all of which are closer. They might charge me an arm and a leg to repair a Kubota, but at least I think I could get a Kubota repaired.

If I had a dealer or independent shop that I could trust to repair my Mahindra, I'd probably keep it. But I've had enough of the Mahindra dealership to the point that I'm willing to take a loss to get on with life.

I could however say that I think it's poor quality to have bull pinion seals fail at 770 hours and that it's poor design to have them only be replaceable by having to disassemble the tractor to replace them inside the transmission case instead of making them externally replaceable.

If I had bought a Kubota to begin with, I'd have saved myself a lot of time, money and aggravation.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #172  
When some of the brands you mentioned were in business (Allis-Chalmers, Farmall, IH, Ferguson, etc, etc...value brands didn't exist.
Those were all "value" brands. adios

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #173  
Trover, your ignorance is showing. Doosan is Bobcat's parent. Just because they don't have a name familiar to you does not make them bad.
Not really. Bobcat was previously an American brand. The Koreans bought them years later, and now the Bobcat name has proliferated across many different types of equipment. Originally, Bobcat made only skid steers; and they were great machines. Now you see the Bobcat name on everything from small excavators to zero turn mowers.

Note that I never said Doosan was "bad." I'm hardly ignorant on this. In fact, as a strange irony, Kubota makes homeowner and commercial lawn mowers. Their stand-on commercial mower is actually made for them by "Bobcat."

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #174  
The earliest Bobcat skid steers I remember were Melroe Bobcats and I think they had V twin wisconsin gas engines.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #175  
Trover, your ignorance is showing. Doosan is Bobcat's parent. Just because they don't have a name familiar to you does not make them bad.

Also, there were lots of value brands back in the day. John Deere was a value brand in the tractor market (they started out making plows). That is until they got better at making tractors and marketing got better, too. The vast number of brands helped to keep prices down. The big two are actively working to imply that other brands are junk because they like the higher margins they get from the reputation. Once more people realize that most tractors are well made, they will not pay the premium.
When the personal insults start you should realize you are losing the argument.

Why do you feel so compelled to defend the brand of tractor you bought? It sounds like you are insecure about your decision.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #176  
You lit a fire. Some people always complain about sucking hind tit when it comes to service, dealer treatment, etc. Truth Is if they could have afforded a major brand they would have bought it. They should stop bashing the major brands just because they couldn’t buy one.

You're making a real big assumption, princess; a damn ridiculous one at that too.

It's real easy to reverse this and accuse you of lashing out due to paying exuberant prices on equipment and machinery because it gives you a warm and fuzzy; to suggest that you have insecurities that you cover by spending more money than needed to project a certain image to those around you.

Does that make it right? No, I'm pulling that out of my arse, just like you did.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #177  
When the personal insults start you should realize you are losing the argument.

Why do you feel so compelled to defend the brand of tractor you bought? It sounds like you are insecure about your decision.

Ignorance isn't an insult, it's a condition. You can cure it, but it's up to you. Why do you feel so compelled to insist in a public space that your choice in tractor and equipment is superior to others, and then when others are understandably put off by it, it's their issue not yours?

Come on now, don't be obtuse.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #178  
The simple fact that the customer is trying to trade his tractor for a different brand may be a good indication that he thinks the other brand is better than what he is trying to trade. If what he has is a good tractor, why go to another brand?

Consolidation or closure of local dealerships, poor experience with that dealer or service department, changing corporate policies that may conflict with your beliefs. There are many different reasons; hell, it could be as simple as your previous brand doesn't offer what you're looking for.

I had a Deere 1025R prior, and quite liked it, but I needed a larger machine and wanted 3 ranges; while staying at 25 horsepower. If Deere made a 3025R I may well own one, but they don't. There are many reasons to switch brands, and it's not the gamble it was 20 or 30 years ago. Plus, playing dealers off of one another can be a lot of fun, if you're into the buying process.

To deny these other factors is ignorance.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #179  
I had a hard hydraulic line break on my mahindra last week i ordered the parts on monday and got them on friday, I was very surprised, and my tractors are not junk. I could say that about your color but that would be as dumb as you.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #180  
Tractor Data lists both mahindra 2538 and 2810 are TYM built machines so maybe that's a plus for TYM. One of the hard loader lines on my Mahindra/Mahindra 3525 developed a leak due to the way they put a clamp on it at the factory. That line is NLA and I had to learn how to silver braze it instead.