Dealer charge for loading tires

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #71  
while attending a recent promo event at a large Kubota dealer in the area, i got a quote on a B2601 with a loader and backhoe. nothing is cheap these days but i have to say it came out to significantly less than i was expecting, with the dealer offering nearly $6k off msrp and with quite favorable financing terms.

one thing stuck out though as i was reviewing the quote later - there was a $2000 charge for "Set up load tires." i had a very good impression of the dealership, and price, before i saw that listed. but in the past, when i've seen car dealerships try to throw in that kind of charge for nitrogen in tires, i've just walked out of the place. but i haven't purchased a tractor before. am i missing something? i understand why you would want liquid in tractor tires (as opposed to nitrogen!), but at a price of $2000 i'm thinking i must look like an idiot.
Too easy to do yourself.
Take out the valve inner and clamp a garden hose to the valve. Rotate the valve to the 10 o'clock position first.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #72  
May I suggest a lazy man's tractor weights. Purchase the cheapest old slip pan you can find since it is a lot shorter than having a bush hog sticking out back of your tractor. Fill it with old tractor weights. If you have a quick hitch you can just back up to it when needed and take off.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #73  
For weights for your tractor check with Mr Choo Choo and get some
small pieces of 6 inch ribbin rail weld them together and add hooks
Some times Mr Choo Choo will just give the small pieces free

willy

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #74  
I believe you mean methanol, which is just water with alcohol added as antifreeze. "Methanal" is more commonly known as formaldehyde, or embalming fluid.
Correct - thank you. I knew it was alcohol and water. I hated chemistry class and I guess it shows.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #75  
One way to get even with these hidden costs on a new tractor, truck, or car is to offer to pay cash, then drop the price by the same extra hiden amount with a little more for the unplesantness of their little profit grabbing scams, Never use a dealers finance without knowing the total cost, as these extras can add years and substantial aditional costs to the deal. and don't forget the dealer is also getting a commission from the finance company the bigger the loan the bigger his commission.
Borrow the cash from a bank, Cash speeks louder and gets their attention and lots of free stuf they would normally charge you for, things that you would pay extra interest on.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #76  
Has the OP posted what exactly this fee was for?

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #77  
One way to get even with these hidden costs on a new tractor, truck, or car is to offer to pay cash, then drop the price by the same extra hiden amount with a little more for the unplesantness of their little profit grabbing scams, Never use a dealers finance without knowing the total cost, as these extras can add years and substantial aditional costs to the deal. and don't forget the dealer is also getting a commission from the finance company the bigger the loan the bigger his commission.
Borrow the cash from a bank, Cash speeks louder and gets their attention and lots of free stuf they would normally charge you for, things that you would pay extra interest on.
What you say is true and I agree with most of it, but borrowing money from a bank also costs money in interest payments. Those interest payments are real high right now. Also, from a business perspective, banks will usually require a personal loan guarantee.
A dealer will usually finance business equipment without a personal loan guarantee. This is critical for keeping you “clean” of loans that work against me if you want to buy real estate.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #78  
Cash may or may not be the 'ace' you think it is. Since the dealerships make more money on financing, they often don't want you to pay cash. Lots of variables involved, but don't assume because you pay cash you will get a better deal.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #79  
Cash has never failed in getting a far better deal, As for bank's I have in the past used my redraw and capital gains on my property to access cash at a lower interest rate than normally avalable to the average borrower on machienary,trucks, cars and properties,
You don't need a bag of cash, a trip to the bank with the seller, or arange the transfer of funds and owner ship documents through your accountant
I have also kept my property loans running for years at just on 20k for the unforsean need for access to quick capital where the interest rate dose not change even at re drawing up to 90% of the property value, the monthly repayments increase but the interest stays the same.
It's Served me well, I was able to retire early debt free with all my assets, you need to pay an accountant , they know the tax and banking regulations, using cash in any amount is still legal so long as you keep the paper work, what the seller dose is none of your concern, don't use a finance mannager they often have affiliations with dubious finance companies, investment companies or the stock market, establish a good relationship with your bank and invest in your own property or interet's.
Use your assets to work for you.
In God we trust, Every one else CASH.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #80  
The fee for services of this type on a new tractor are high because buyers usually just agree to them without questions asked. Since the money is coming paid by a financing agreement, not hard cash out of their wallet, most just want to get it done before someone changes their mind and are ready to swallow the salesman's pitch that "these are the pre-delivery services we recommend doing on all new tractors."

The new car industry was notorious, until laws were passed, for "persuading" buyers to add expensive options packages to new vehicles in order to ensure financing. Although it's hard to imagine how ballasted tires could affect the collateral value of a tractor, the psychology of the sales game is the same.

Last edited: