Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery!

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #41  
My local TYM dealer messaged me today to nail down a delivery time for the new tractor today…

Then he tells me, by the way, it will be $1000 less than quoted… I was able to secure another discount for you.

I suppose I should ask what sort of doughnuts his guys like. What a blessing!
Hopefully you received a TYM built the same year you were told. Take note of the model year the first time you receive a warranty or service document. TYM has not been successful in Canada and the one dealer who’s been able to push this junk scoops up product from other dealers. He completes the NVIS (New Vehicle Information Statement) in current year no matter how many years the tractor has sat unsold. Yes they are unused tractors, but buying a new tractor which has been manufactured years before had an affect on resale.

Also worth noting that none of the big brand tractor dealers will even consider a TYM on trade, so once your in your in until you can sucker someone else who thinks they did research yet clearly talked to not a single owner. I’m not aware of anyone who’s maintained a TYM tractor with any level of success in cold winter climates. Constant electrical issues, alternators not up to the task and needing upgrade, hydrostatic relays which will absolutely leave you stranded without some source of heat available, the list goes on.

I do hope you get a good one, (as that’s always a possibility), but I’m afraid you will be using that $1000 up quite rapidly to keep your “new” tractor in operation

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #42  
Maybe the guy got a sudden bout of guilt and figured 48 % profit was enough instead of the 50 he usually charges.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #43  
Hopefully you received a TYM built the same year you were told. Take note of the model year the first time you receive a warranty or service document. TYM has not been successful in Canada and the one dealer who’s been able to push this junk scoops up product from other dealers. He completes the NVIS (New Vehicle Information Statement) in current year no matter how many years the tractor has sat unsold. Yes they are unused tractors, but buying a new tractor which has been manufactured years before had an affect on resale.

Also worth noting that none of the big brand tractor dealers will even consider a TYM on trade, so once your in your in until you can sucker someone else who thinks they did research yet clearly talked to not a single owner. I’m not aware of anyone who’s maintained a TYM tractor with any level of success in cold winter climates. Constant electrical issues, alternators not up to the task and needing upgrade, hydrostatic relays which will absolutely leave you stranded without some source of heat available, the list goes on.

I do hope you get a good one, (as that’s always a possibility), but I’m afraid you will be using that $1000 up quite rapidly to keep your “new” tractor in operation
Exactly where have you seen tractors sitting on a lot not sold? 😂 Everything else in the post is laughable too.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #44  

Opinions are always welcomed here however probably not the way to introduce yourself. Anyway, welcome to TBN.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #45  
My local TYM dealer messaged me today to nail down a delivery time for the new tractor today…

Then he tells me, by the way, it will be $1000 less than quoted… I was able to secure another discount for you.

Congratulations, good for you and your dealer. But I have to admit when I read the header that's not what I was expecting.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #46  
I was in my early 30's ( a long time ago) and needed a vehicle badly. I was at a local Ford dealership looking for a used anything that I could hopefully afford.

An older salesman assisted me in my purchase and after leaving the financial office met at the well used pickup I bought. Hands me the keys and pulled out a hundred dollar bill with the keys. He said to use it for the sales tax.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #47  

That's great to hear stories like that. I think you reward salesmen and business's like that by posting their names and company for others to hear.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #48  
My TYM T603 (3900+ hrs) is working great and heading out to move an unbelievable amount of snow now... again.

Enjoy your new machine!

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #49  
My local TYM dealer tells me, "I was able to secure another discount for you."
My cousin ran a fast food joint and bragged that he hired employees at a dollar or two below what his budget called for. Then, at he end of a week or so, pat 'em on the back and give them "a raise." From his perspective, he was running a scam that paid an employee's "raise" with the employee's own money, cost him nothing, while making him look like a boss they might want to bring doughnuts to.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #50  
Congratulations on your "good fortune with what looks like an honest dealer"...

When we built our current house back about 20 years ago, I did the "3 bid requests" and got bids back from two contractors that were fairly close. One of those contractors seemed to be "more friendly and open to talk about how he did things" so I decided to hire him to build the house. During that "contract signing" somehow my military service came up, he asked if I shopped at Lowe's. I did/still do, so he commented that he would get as much as he could from their building supplies. I didn't think much more about those comments, but when the house was finished, just before he handed me the keys, he handed me a check for just a tad over $10,000. I looked at the check and asked him what it was for. He told me that was the 10% veteran's discount on the things he was able to buy at Lowe's using my "military discount".... So, he bought a bit more than $100K at Lowe's and was honest enough to refund the savings to me. He could have easily kept it and nobody would be the wiser, but.....

Needless to say, every time I've built something since, my first stop has been his office to discuss his schedule.