Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery!

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery!
I had a Good year tire dealer tell me that the Tires that "Hummed" would only get a prorated discount , as I had 18K Miles.. After I told him OK, and when I picked up the truck he told me Good Year Honored 100%.. He Earned my business, moving forward... Your dealer earned yours, don't you think ?
Absolutely

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #62  
So, you spent $X and completed a survey after an employee offers you ten dollars that requires you to return to the vendor and purchase an additional ten dollars of their merchandise within thirty days. Assuming a fifty percent markup and two ten dollar purchases, they sold you ten dollars (cost) of goods and received ten dollars of cash. You parted with ten dollars of cash and, ere lured into that store a second time to 'spend' the ten dollar coupon after completing a survey (your time and effort) for them.

If you 'do the actual Math, you might discover that you did them a favor - esp if you consider that, in addition to completing their survey and buying more of their stuff, you appear to be lauding their behavior as exemplary - a valuable advertisement of the sort "you can't buy?"
If you meant me, I'm in that store at least 3 times per month. Rare to get out for less than $50. So I spend 2 minutes doing the survey and save $10. $5 per minute equals $300 per hour.

So, yep, that's what I do. 🤪

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #63  
My local TYM dealer messaged me today to nail down a delivery time for the new tractor today…

Then he tells me, by the way, it will be $1000 less than quoted… I was able to secure another discount for you.

I suppose I should ask what sort of doughnuts his guys like. What a blessing!
My Ford dealer did the same thing when I picked up my last truck. When I got to his office he said that the price had changed, of course I imagined an increase. He told me that his rebate from Ford was larger than expected so he gave me an additional 500 dollars off and when the truck was brought up from the back it also had Carhartt seat covers installed.

There aren't many businesses that operate like this anymore. John could have kept the 500 and whatever the seat covers cost.

I go out of my way to tell people this story.

/ Dealer changed the price 2 hours prior to delivery! #64  
There has to be more to the story like is this a new trend in world products? Raw materials have not dropped, so there must be a bit of a surplus. So be sure to give us an update on the tractor!