D45

/ D45 #1  

ed3357

Tractor
John Deere H
I'm new to the tractor world, although I have an old tractor. I'm considering buying a D45, with front wheel drive and a loader. Mostly mowing and bailing and ground work, although I could see a need for the loader. I know it is gear drive, but more cost is important. Anyway, what are the pitfalls of this tractor, and what is a good price?
Thanks.

/ D45 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm new to the tractor world, although I have an old tractor. I'm considering buying a D45, with front wheel drive and a loader. Mostly mowing and bailing and ground work, although I could see a need for the loader. I know it is gear drive, but more cost is important. Anyway, what are the pitfalls of this tractor, and what is a good price?
Thanks. )</font>

The Case D45 is almost an exact copy of the New Holland TC45. These tractors are great utility tractors for mowing, loader groundwork/dirtwork, boxblading, post-hole digging, and many, many other tasks. They are not the ideal hay baling tractor and you may find them a little light for this task. If you have a small square baler and are planning on baling only a small number of bales, this tractor may be okay.

For more info, you might ask this same question in the New Holland Owning/Operating forum. That will broaden your number of responses and experience level.

I own a TC45D that is the same as the DX45, but I have never baled hay with it and would consider it more suited to pulling a hay wagon than the baler. I don't see any pitfalls to the tractor in general. If you are planning on putting a loader on it, I'd sure suggest doing that now. Your dealer can order a "loader-ready" tractor from the factory and that will save you some extra expense of having the dealer install all the hydraulics and undercarriage at a later time.

/ D45 #3  
It sure is a good looking unit. I checked one out last week.
It was a auto. It's going to be a little light for what my girlfriend needs, Lifting hay bales. It would work but it would be at it's limit.
Nice unit anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 652985-PICT0008.jpg
    652985-PICT0008.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 263
   / D45 #4  
Next picture of another one.

Attachments

• 652987-PICT0009 copy.jpg
    652987-PICT0009 copy.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 236
   / D45
I like the tractor as well. Sets up nice, and the hood slopes down so that one can see easily. I am thinking about purchasing one. My problem is that I can't get a salesman to talk to me. I laugh to myself just thinking that I am ready to buy, but the salesfolk at 2 different dealers aren't interested enough to tell me how much the equipment costs. They won't even return my calls.

I have learned alot reading the posts at this forum, and a major point that has been stressed is to buy the dealership as well as the tractor.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

/ D45 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's going to be a little light for what my girlfriend needs, Lifting hay bales. It would work but it would be at it's limit.
Nice unit anyway. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

Scott, what size bales does your girlfriend have? I use my TC45D with a bale spear on the 3PH and handle round bales just fine with no problem. The D45 can lift bales up to 2000 lb very easily. With a LX116 loader and some weight in the bucket, maybe even more. I've never tried a bale spear on the loader, but if the bale is less than 1500 lb and you have some ballast on the 3PH, I don't see a problem there either.

The maneuverability of a tractor this size makes it ideal for close-quarter work around stalls and barns in my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ D45 #7  
Jim,
they will range in the 1200 to 1500 pound range.
Unless she gets some other type of grass.
It only has to lift off a pickup flatbed and
stacked about two high. Everything else
calls for a smaller tractor but the hay part.

I did test drive a TC33 with the hydro and
Supersteer. Very nice and if if was up to
me I would probably go New Holland.
She has good suport for it and is the
closest dealer.