Cylinder sizing for TNT

/ Cylinder sizing for TNT #1  

TuckR

Tractor
Kubota L3302
Hello all,

Novice here. I recently purchased a tractor that did not have TNT. I'd like to get that added because I have a ton of box scraper to do. How do I go about sizing the cylinders? I found the cooressponding TNT kit from Land Pride, and indicates I'll need a 3x8x1.375 for the top and 2.5x4x1 for the tilt. I'm assuming that's bore and stroke and rod diameter. Do I need to buy those exact specs, or can I get a 3x8x1.5 for the top and a 3x4x1.5 for the tilt? Anyone have a favorite online dealer for these? My local Kubota dealership doesn't have the TNT kit in stock, and it's pretty pricey to begin with. I already have my remotes.

/ Cylinder sizing for TNT #2  
"Tractor: 47" shovel" what size tractor do you really have now? A BX is different than a MX, without that information... it just a guess...

/ Cylinder sizing for TNT
"Tractor: 47" shovel" what size tractor do you really have now? A BX is different than a MX, without that information... it just a guess...
It's kind of a generic question, but I'll be putting this on a L3302. There is no TNT kit for that yet, the dealer found one that would work that came from an MX, I think the 4700 but don't hold me to that.

/ Cylinder sizing for TNT #4  
3" cylinders seem pretty large for TNT. Make sure you have room for them. Are you going to be using 10,000Lb implements? o_O If you get the locking style, 2" is plenty. There used to be a guy on here that made TNT cylinders, but I think the backlog was 6-8 months. Might be a year now. You need to know the overall length of your fixed links. The extended length of the cylinders should provide for that plus a 3-4".

These are 2" cylinders with the locks.

Rear Remote Connect.jpg

/ Cylinder sizing for TNT #5  
I've been running 2" TNT cylinders on my 35HP tractor for 22 years with never an issue

/ Cylinder sizing for TNT #6  
Here is what I recommend for the Kubota L3302.
2" cylinders with 1 1/4" dia rods similar to those pictured.

A cat 1 top link with a working length of 20"-29".
A side link built to provide an equal amount of tilt angle to the left and right and still maintain stock 3pt hitch lift height.
The side link has a total stroke length of 4".
2 hose kits made with 3/8" hose and 1/2" male AG type couplers.
2 sets of flow restrictors, these allow for slower smoother adjustments of the hydraulic links.
DPOCVs (check valves) are available, but if you have valves with the float feature, you may not want to consider this option.

Regarding what has been recommended, I can't see that you would ever need a 3" dia cylinder with an excess of 9800lb lift capability. And for the side link, a 1" dia rod is simply waiting to bend and I can guarantee you that warranty would not cover it when it does. You would be told that you abused it and that you would need to purchase another one so you can have it happen again. :oops:

Last thing regarding Land Pride top & tilt sets. Watch their video. It sure looks to me that they do not build their units to provide an equal amount of adjustment both left-right tilt and forward-rearward tilt based on the level position.
Something that you might want to consider before purchasing a Land Pride T&T set.

Fit Rite Hydraulics lead times are now at about 30 weeks.

Attachments

• STD L series.JPG
    STD L series.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 36
   / Cylinder sizing for TNT #7  
It's kind of a generic question, but I'll be putting this on a L3302. There is no TNT kit for that yet, the dealer found one that would work that came from an MX, I think the 4700 but don't hold me to that.
The correct top & tilt set for an MX and one for the L3302 are 2 very different animals. While the MX will physically go on the tractor, the working lengths of the MX cat 1-2 top link @ 23 1/4"- 35 1/4" vs an L model cat 1 top link with a working length of 20"-29" and the MX side link with a 6"stroke vs the Ls 4" stroke are very much different as well as the MX should have 2 1/2" dia cylinders with 1 1/2" dia rods.

I would be very wary about what your dealer is trying to sell you. :rolleyes:

/ Cylinder sizing for TNT
Here is what I recommend for the Kubota L3302.
2" cylinders with 1 1/4" dia rods similar to those pictured.

A cat 1 top link with a working length of 20"-29".
A side link built to provide an equal amount of tilt angle to the left and right and still maintain stock 3pt hitch lift height.
The side link has a total stroke length of 4".
2 hose kits made with 3/8" hose and 1/2" male AG type couplers.
2 sets of flow restrictors, these allow for slower smoother adjustments of the hydraulic links.
DPOCVs (check valves) are available, but if you have valves with the float feature, you may not want to consider this option.

Regarding what has been recommended, I can't see that you would ever need a 3" dia cylinder with an excess of 9800lb lift capability. And for the side link, a 1" dia rod is simply waiting to bend and I can guarantee you that warranty would not cover it when it does. You would be told that you abused it and that you would need to purchase another one so you can have it happen again. :oops:

Last thing regarding Land Pride top & tilt sets. Watch their video. It sure looks to me that they do not build their units to provide an equal amount of adjustment both left-right tilt and forward-rearward tilt based on the level position.
Something that you might want to consider before purchasing a Land Pride T&T set.

Fit Rite Hydraulics lead times are now at about 30 weeks.
Great info, thank you sir!