cx 85

/ cx 85 #1  

ken1960

Tractor
2006 mccormick
gt acx 85 4wd cab with perkins engine wants to run hot if rolling hay or working hard .does any one have that problem, an my headlights quit also the top cab lights will work an that it ck all fuses can anyone tell me what it could be . it is 2005 model, i also blow the radiator out all the time .also uses alot of fuel 4 gallon ahour . is that about right or not.

/ cx 85 #2  
if you are working it hard 4 gallons sounds about right.according to the testlab it has 71 horsepower and burns 4.7 gallons an hour.wash the radiator out lean the coolers forward. make sure the radiator is full. sometimes it takes a lot of work to clean it out.

/ cx 85 #3  
is this a c-max 85? as in the italy/landini made mccormick? i didn't know of any other perkins ran mccormicks besides the landini ones. if it is, landini had a service bulletin for certain models that there was a thermostat issue and wiring issue. we just dealt with one the other day. it was on a landini powerfarm with a perkins which is the same as mccormic c-max series.

just throwing it out there as an option.

/ cx 85 #4  
the cx 70 through cx 105 carry perkins. different tractor than c max.

/ cx 85 #5  
Check the fan clutch. It probably isn't locking up completely which will result in less than the maximum cfm of air being drawn across the cooling pack. You can convert the fan clutch over to a direct drive. Contact your selling dealer to get the parts.