Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket

/ Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket #1  

Idahoagie

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5310HST Cab
I did a search for this, but the only threads that came back were regarding toothbars such as the Pirahna line. I am looking for a reversible, bolt-on cutting edge for the KL5521 FEL on our DK5310. In our area we have a lot of rocks and boulders in the soil. Many of them are the size of a wheelbarrow or small ATV, but may only be showing a few inches above grade. I don't see a need for a toothbar. It has been strongly suggested to me by a local excavator to get a cutting edge to preserve and protect the front edge of the loader bucket. Having seen the edge on his skidsteer bucket I have to agree with him.

Anyone have a make and model of bolt-on cutting edge they can recommend? I have asked this question of the local Kioti dealer but have received zero response. I'm interested in either an OEM or aftermarket. What do you all have? TIA

/ Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket #2  
I did a search for this, but the only threads that came back were regarding toothbars such as the Pirahna line. I am looking for a reversible, bolt-on cutting edge for the KL5521 FEL on our DK5310. In our area we have a lot of rocks and boulders in the soil. Many of them are the size of a wheelbarrow or small ATV, but may only be showing a few inches above grade. I don't see a need for a toothbar. It has been strongly suggested to me by a local excavator to get a cutting edge to preserve and protect the front edge of the loader bucket. Having seen the edge on his skidsteer bucket I have to agree with him.

Anyone have a make and model of bolt-on cutting edge they can recommend? I have asked this question of the local Kioti dealer but have received zero response. I'm interested in either an OEM or aftermarket. What do you all have? TIA
Call bobcat. Ours is bolted on right now. Go out to the county shop and get a used grader blade and order some bolts for it. I put a grader blade on the neighbors.

/ Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket #3  

I had a DKA103 72" Bolt On Cutting Edge added to the KL5520 FEL bucket on my DK4510 when I bought it, list price $270.00, bundled at $214.00.

/ Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket #4  

Are there holes already on the bucket? If so, whats the diameter and spacing? 66" or 72" bucket?

edit: if you have holes already: Cutting Edge Blades | Paumco Products, Inc

Last edited:
   / Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket
Are there holes already on the bucket? If so, whats the diameter and spacing? 66" or 72" bucket?

edit: if you have holes already: Cutting Edge Blades | Paumco Products, Inc
I sent an email to Paumco asking if they have a cutting edge for the KL5521. I know I can provide measurements, hole diameter and spacing, etc. and they can make one. I was hoping they might have sold one previously and already have the info. Haven't heard back yet.

/ Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket #7  
I sent an email to Paumco asking if they have a cutting edge for the KL5521. I know I can provide measurements, hole diameter and spacing, etc. and they can make one. I was hoping they might have sold one previously and already have the info. Haven't heard back yet.
If you know the hole spacing and diameter, which could be standard, then you could just match it up to one on the site. Also need to know how far back from the edge the holes are to know the width of blade needed - less than 2"/3"/4" setback would be 4"/6"/8" width for a reversable blade, for examples.

/ Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket #9  
I bought one and welded it on.
It was quite expensive, a couple of hundred bucks for a 5' length.

When I took a close look I realized the bucket needed some new plate...
welded bucket ready.jpg

/ Cutting Edge for FEL Bucket #10  
I bolted on my cutting edge so I could more easily reverse and replace. Drilling the holes in the bucket was fun. Thankful for my 1/2 inch heavy duty drill with side handle and drill doctor!