Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #141  
Personally, I feel that the EPA tends to do whatever they can to knock down American companies as much as they possibly can
Its like I said in a previous post-destroying American legacy companies that have anything to do with fossil fuels or the hydrocarbon is like a sport now.
Plus it helps China

Last edited:
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #142  
Soon as I can defeat the wasteful emissions crap off of my tractor I will do it.

Somehow that $1.675 billion fine won't be eaten by Ram but by the consumers.

I wonder when passenger jets will be required to have emissions equipment? :unsure:
There are regulatory emission requirements for jet engines also! Mixing more air into the turbines for better combustion. Jet engines have reduces emissions by burning 30% less fuel for the same thrust since the introduction of higher bypass engines in the early 90's. The GE 90 (named for 90,000 lbs of thrust) aircraft engine was a good example and all manufacturers have followed suit. Not only for the reason of lower emmisions, but the economic draw of needing less fuel for the same flight with the new engines.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #143  
lots of informed replies on the subject. my question is: how will a corporation like Cummins offset the massive fine? surely not out of the pockets of board or shareholders?
more than likely the cost will be passed to the consumer like you or me as usual.
unless regulations of the fine itself prohibit that. educate me

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #144  
lots of informed replies on the subject. my question is: how will a corporation like Cummins offset the massive fine? surely not out of the pockets of board or shareholders?
more than likely the cost will be passed to the consumer like you or me as usual.
unless regulations of the fine itself prohibit that. educate me
Thier only choice is to pass this on to consumers, because there is an organization that is picking winners and losers right now.
Re-organization, reduction in stock price, no dividend payouts, and begging for government help have been the trend.
Anything carbon fuel related is not in favor right now, so they will have to re-engineer thier products or stop making certain engines. Edit: just my opinion!

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #145  
Thier only choice is to pass this on to consumers, because there is an organization that is picking winners and losers right now.
Re-organization, reduction in stock price, no dividend payouts, and begging for government help have been the trend.
Anything carbon fuel related is not in favor right now, so they will have to re-engineer thier products or stop making certain engines.
That went right past me. What organization is that?
rScotty

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #146  
what i thought. once again, us consumers foot the bill, not the ceo's or shareholders.
thx on that

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #147  
When will people learn corporations do not pay taxes or fines, people who income pay fines and taxes

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #148  
I may have read it in this thread or another forum but it’s rumor not fact that Cummins got fined because it was to easy to delete them. It was to easy to hook up to the computer and they should have locked people out.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #149  
That's a shame. Means things like mega squirt or arduino based ecus could be attacked by the epa.

Cant get into the factory ecu. Slap an aftermarket one on it

I always that a p7100 swap onto a 6.7 would be a fun one to bypass the computer stuff.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #150  
And this $1.675 BILLION dollars gets distributed to all the little people…civilians, for having to breathe this bad air caused by this diesel engine….or does the money simply go to the oversized government?🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.