Dirt Moving Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #51  
I hope you have enough clearance. Be sure to test it with the bucket tilted fully up and the loader arms fully down. If you're good you're good. If not, you obviously have the skills to add 6" to the rear.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
Thanks for your replies and help.There sure is extra room on my CC8454 frams for the motor,looks like I could fit two 45HP motors there.I bet there is extra room in the Kioti DK35 where the motor is,Kioti must have wanted them this way?
After looking at pics online of CC8354,CC8454 tractors and Kioti DK35,DK45 tractors with loaders,I found to that most likley way for the loader to hit the front of the tractor is with the bucket down and tilted up.It seems to make a big difference on clearance.The specs for the CC640 and CC642 loader show only a 2" greater reach for the loaders with them lowered to the ground?I know the longer wheelbase of my CC8454 will change things.This is measured from the center of the front wheel to the front of the bucket?This spec does not seem correct when checking my Cub Cadet 7305 with CC417 loader,but only 2" of difference between my CC640 loader and the one I am supposed to have is encouraging.
I am welding up the loader mounts and a new crossbrace that mounts under the tractor for the loader.I just copied the one I have for the CC640 loader,had to change where it bolts to the transmission housing.I will have to get the new work primed and painted,but should have them back on soon.Then I will be on easy street with this project I hope.
I already have the new rear rail braces for the CC642 loader I bought from Cub Cadet online.I am impressed with the pricing they have for their parts online.Not cheap but not completely outrageous like all the other brand tractors I have owned.On the Kioti forum they complain about prices at the Kioti dealer being outrageous?I wonder if it is that way to cover the brick and mortar overhead the dealers have.

Last edited:
   / Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
I bolted on the refabed loader mounts and success,so far. 640mountR.jpg

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #54  
Looks good, that will be a pretty kick butt tractor once you get it together...

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
I am ready to mount the loader on the tractor tomorrow.It sure makes hooking up the hydraulics easy when everything comes with the loader,and you do not have to hunt for parts and piece together,like I have done before.I installed new radiator hoses and the hose that joins the hydraulic return pipes for the pump,I wanted to replace it before I bolted the loader mounts on.
The clearance for the front of the tractor looks really close.I think the loader will only clear the front of the tractor by about an inch when it is lowered past the frame.8454Mount R.jpg8454MountL.jpgLoaderGarage.jpg

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
Thanks for your comment teg,it seems like a kick butt tractor already with everything not even together yet.
As far as comparing this tractor to a skid steer it seemed to lose a few more advantages to a skid steer.The loader controls are very fast like a skidsteer,I won't be able to load dirt or gravel into anything more than a few feet above the ground.The loader has little reach for dumping after raising more than a few feet,I will just use it for spreading gravel and fill after it is delivered.I do like the loader not sticking out far in front of the tractor most of the time,easier to move around.It takes up more room than a skid steer,and not near as easy or fast to turn.
Here is a pic of the loader and the front frame of the tractor,some clearance is better than no clearance.CC640Clearance.jpg

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
I will post more pics when I get all the engine covers back on.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It?
Here are some picturesCC8454Front.JPGCC8454Side.JPG

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Buy It? #59  
It's been a few years how has the cub cadet 8454 held up? Any issues with getting parts? Looking at one my self.