Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix!

/ Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix!
I just go through putting a gauge on the charge pump test port (supposed to be 60 - 85psi) and read 0 psi, needle did not even bounce. We could still get tractor to surge once or twice forward by pumping the main clutch.

I removed the Forward and Reverse high pressure valves on the sides of the hyrdo and inspected for a sticking valve but they looked fine.

I removed and inspected the short steel line that goes from the hydraulic filter to the charge pump. That is the only suction of the charge pump and one side is an O ring press fit, but it looked fine. I did replace and reinstall the o ring, still no pressure.

So next step is tractor split. Going to drain fluid and remove lines/linkages and prepare to split this weekend. Any and all feedback is appreciated!

A few pics of what I'm up to.

Attachments

• image-4204504401.jpg
    image-4204504401.jpg
    532.6 KB · Views: 652
  • image-3353577183.jpg
    image-3353577183.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 481
Split the tractor and I obviously have a busted gear in the charge pump. New one is on order.

Attachments

• image-1273912934.jpg
    image-1273912934.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 565
  • image-575214007.jpg
    image-575214007.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 514
New charge pump arrived and I had it installed and put back together by myself in about 2hrs. Putting the sheet metal, seat, etc, took another hr or so. Obviously not too tough of a job. Chain fall and over head I-Beam came in handy.

This thing is back to NEW with the new charge pump. It was obviously worn out some several years back. I can climb up steep hill in H range, which I have not been able to do for a few years. Overall cost was just under $700 for all parts (pump, seals, fluid, filter), but I am very glad I did the repair. Makes me want to keep tractor for another 13 yrs.

/ Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix! #15  
Where can I get the parts reasonable priced for my charging pump

Cheapest is to match your model up with the equivalent and order through mahindra. Will save you a hundred bucks. There are also other cub parts dealers on the web that have oem parts for discounted rates. I went that route due to free shipping. Someone out of Ohio, can't recall who.

To follow up, tractor is running like new again.

/ Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix! #17  
Good information here, thanks! I just got done installing a new charge pump, but the machine still doesn't want to move for me. Did you have to do anything special to get the air bled out of the system? Any other tips?

TIA

/ Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix! #18  
Good information here, thanks! I just got done installing a new charge pump, but the machine still doesn't want to move for me. Did you have to do anything special to get the air bled out of the system? Any other tips?

TIA
FYI - You may not have noticed but the post you are replying to is over 3 years old. Just in case you don't get an answer that's probably the reason.
Bob B.

/ Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix! #19  
FYI - You may not have noticed but the post you are replying to is over 3 years old. Just in case you don't get an answer that's probably the reason.
Bob B.

Yes I did notice....Hoping for the best :anyone: lol

Thanks!

/ Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix! #20  
Hi Ed, just saw your post! How did it work out? I have owned a 7205 since new (17 yrs) and with no problems. My friend borrowed it it came back loosing power in the HYDROSTACTIC till it would move at a craw. I changed the filters and oil.......Not the will not move..the other pumps work loader/3pt/PS. The dealer cannot get parts and will not work on it...The pump shows zero pressure. I guy that does hyrdo is going to work it in...It's been there a month. He said could not find a service manual..I got him on the 772-4207 rev 6.95 he will now work it in. Did you get yours fixed? Did it last? Did you find any videos or step by step to break apart and repair?
I would be grateful for any help...I have been without a tractor for 2 months.
thanks,
Rick from INDIANA