Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix!

/ Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix!
Hi Rick - Yes, everything is still working fine from my charge pump change out. Your situation sounds very similar. The service manual worked good "Cub-Cadet-7000-Series-Compact-Service-Repair-Manual", which I have on pdf. It was fairly straight forward to split the tractor, just left a lot of stuff "hanging" while you pull it apart a few inches. Can't recall the manual being of much help on the actual removal. You will definite know if the charge pump is busted. Mine was missing a whole gear tooth off the gerotor. I spent so much time on the diagnosis and after having split the tractor and realizing how easy it was, I wish I would have just done it sooner.

I always start my tractor now with the clutch disengaged, especially in real cold starts, so that charge pump is not engage when the motor is lugging to start. Not sure if that helps with charge pump wear but much easier on the tractor.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 7.30.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 7.43.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 7.44.43 AM.png

Some pages on separating the tractor. Good tips on each thing that needs to be disconnected.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 8.01.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 8.02.57 AM.png

/ Cub cadet 7205 Hydrostatic drive surging - sharing my problem AND fix! #24  
Single owner of this 7205 since new in 2000, 550hrs now, no issues aside from glow plugs but that is another story with tons of threads.

I mowed with a 5' finish for about 4hrs then parked tractor, next day it was surging bad and eventually would not move after 5min of running. Then it was like the selector was still in neutral, no sounds or anything from hydro when in gear.

Dealer was VERY helpful over the phone and I mentioned I used a napa gold hyrdostatic filter they crossed me to. After scolding me some, I left with an oem filter (black one that goes right under seat). Still nothing. They said I am pulling air in from somewhere and air bound. I went through all fittings going to the charge pump of the hydro (side of hydro drive, then following line up to cooler and back) and was surprised that I could easily get a 1/4 turn on each.

Like magic, the tractor surged forward some finally! I kept rocking it back and forth but there was obviously still air in the system. I parked it nose down on a steep hill and lost all hydro, so I parked it nose up and worked it back and forth some. She came out of it perfectly and hyrdo is running smooth, quiet, and stronger than ever.

I think the after market filter had too much pressure drop on the return and actually created the air leak. Just sharing my experience and recommending you buy the right oem filter! MA-19632558 is PN for my 7205, and likely same for the Mahindra 2015.

Throughout the whole deal, I was looking closely at the EX3200.... hard to get rid of this nice little tractor but the EX3200 looks rugged.
I’m having the same issue and I believe I need a new charge pump but they appear to be obsolete. Do you have any of the original part numbers for the replacement charge pump that you purchased? I know this is an old post so I’m hoping I get lucky here!