Cub Cadet 417 new control valve is different than old one

/ Cub Cadet 417 new control valve is different than old one #1  

kirkdc

Tractor
Cub cadet 417 FEL
I ordered this new control valve. It looked so similar to my old one from online pics. But once I got it, it's clearly different. Different spool valve ends where they hook up to the control lever and the biggest issue is the aluminum machined fitting that screws into the top of the valve (different OD) Is there any way I can make this work? (see pics)

Pic 1 : my old one is on the right with the removed fitting on top. new one is on the left.

Attachments

• v111.jpg
    v111.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 106
   / Cub Cadet 417 new control valve is different than old one
Pic 2: new one on left, old one on the right. Notice the spool valve ends at the bottoms of the pic/valve. They are similar but different and will not connect to my current control lever (single lever, 4 way stick)

Attachments

• v11.jpg
    v11.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
old on right, new on left. these fittings (in and out from pump) are different but I could get the proper fitting for this. Not a biggy but the other two issues (stated above) are.

Attachments

• v1.jpg
    v1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
This has quickly turned into a slow disaster of sorts. smh.

BOAT= B.O.A.T. = Break Out Another Thousand.

What's the term for TRACTOR ? lol

and BTW, the valve listed at the Cub Cadet parts website (for $800) which is supposed to fit my model looks the same as the one I bought off ebay. So I'm puzzled here.

My other Option: Is it possible they have an overhaul/rebuild kit for my original valve? Or does a shop do this kind of work still?

/ Cub Cadet 417 new control valve is different than old one #7  
Time to start calling your local large-equipment shops/dealers or old timey farm stores to track down a hydraulics shop. My CAT dealer stocks some of this stuff and can make up hoses, for example.
The old valve should be easily rebuildable; most of the parts (o-rings and the like) are pretty standard sizes. However if the valve cylinders are scored, you may be out of luck.
The new valve: You'll need the hydraulics shop to find fittings to fit the holes on the new valve to your existing hoses and/or make up new hoses that fit the loader lines on one end and your new valve's holes on the other end.
The BYO/PB hole may be the most challenging as that fitting 'enables' the Power Beyond feature and needs to fit correctly. BTW, the PB hole was capped on the new valve, making the valve a closed-center, which you DON'T want.
The more aggravating issue (to me) is that the spool valve stems on the old valve have 'female' clevises and the new valve has 'male'. Have you figured out how to hook your control handle to the new valves? Your hydro shop may be able to move the old valve stems to the new body and get it all working.

I didn't see any manufacturer's marks or part numbers. Model BA - 2 Spool Parts | Cross Mfg. is probably a pretty good representation of what the innards look like.

Don't bother trying to replace the 'clear' plastic hose protectors if you get new hoses. I doubt you'll wear out the hoses before the tractor is scrap.

Thanks for the help guys. I've searched far and wide with no luck. Even the CC listed part is the same as the one I bought off ebay. It appears I have an oddball valve due to the BYO/PB set up. If it weren't for that, yes I could change fittings for the pressure line and return hoses and I could even make a modification for the single lever control lever.

My only option is to seek out a rebuild kit and/or a shop that can rebuild it. Any suggestions? I'll do some calling around in the meantime and see if anyone sells a re-seal kit. I appreciate the help !

Last edited:
   / Cub Cadet 417 new control valve is different than old one #10  
Thanks for the help guys. I've searched far and wide with no luck. Even the CC listed part is the same as the one I bought off ebay. It appears I have an oddball valve due to the BYO/PB set up. If it weren't for that, yes I could change fittings for the pressure line and return hoses and I could even make a modification for my control lever.

My only option is to seek out a rebuild kit and/or a shop that can rebuild it. Any suggestions? I'll do some calling around in the meantime and see if anyone sells a re-seal kit. I appreciate the help !
https://www.google.com/search?q=hyd...rado&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari