CS2510 No power in reverse

/ CS2510 No power in reverse #1  

dougdou

Tractor
Kioti CS 2510
My CS 2510 with 42.0 hrs has recently lost power in reverse. Hi or Low range doesn't matter. The transmission is topped off. Works well in forward drives, the reverse pedal almost seems like their isn't enough throw to fully engage reverse. Is there an adjustment for the reverse pedal? Any ideas?

/ CS2510 No power in reverse #2  
HST I presume? If so, make sure your forward pedal is fully pulled up. My NX did this a couple times only it lost forward. More than likely due to me pressing both directions simultaneously.

Fix was to let it set for a while to reset itself, or pull the reverse pedal up manually.

/ CS2510 No power in reverse
While using the tractor yesterday all pedal function ceased, forward and reverse. Crawled under and found a roll pin that secured the two pedals had migrated out enough make them stop working. I am glad that it hadn't fallen out or it would have been a trip to the dealer since it was difficult to see. Pressed it back in and it is working as it should. Thanks to those that replied.

/ CS2510 No power in reverse #4  
Happy for you Dougdo. You must have been very relieved when you found that. Simple.
If you are concerned this can happen again you could secure the roll pin by putting a wire through and around shaft.

8C6FE6C2-DCDC-44B6-AF28-C1DADDE70AFC.jpeg

/ CS2510 No power in reverse
Yes I was! Thanks for the safety wire idea, that will put my old aircraft mechanic skills to work for me. I need to work with it a bit more. The pin doesn't want to go all the way through and I have had to put it back in again today. It is not easy to get to.