cruse control

/ cruse control #1  

sperry

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T300 HST, Kubota B7610HST, XMark Lazer Z 60"
Just purchased a 330 hst, very impressed at this point. the only problem I have is the cruse control switch or relay must be acting up by not always working on demand. has anyone had to repair this problem? Also I find this tractor a little tippy when using the loader, are loaded tires a must?

/ cruse control #2  
I dont know what to say on the cruse control as I havnt had any problems with them. Check the electrical connectors on the activation unit for posible corrision. As for the tires I ALWAYS have the rear times loaded an any tractor with a loader on it. At our shop we have been having the tire service man put Rim Guard in as it gives weight on the rear of the tractor but doesnt rot the rims. In the past five years we have fixed front end problems on 3 compact 4x4 tractors with loaders and none had loaded rear tires. In the same time we have not fixed any front ends on loader tractors with loaded rear tires. Not to say that loaded tires will make it so you never have front end problems it just seems to help. I should say for other than oil leaks and general repairs from high hours of use. I also do it for safety so you dont have the posible problems. Our store policy is to load the rear tires or have rear wheel weights on any loader tractor sold new or used unless the customer says they dont want it done. If it doesnt have a loader then it is which ever the customer wants. I figure that on any tractor with loader it needs to be done to help avoid a posible flip over but not saying it cant ever happen. Not everyone thinks about this right away but it does help when you have been working for a dealership for about 30 years. If posible I would rather error on the side of safty. The 330hst's are a great little tractor. I own one myself and have been very happy with it.

/ cruse control #3  
We have not had cruise problems but do as the other poster suggested and let us know. As far as loading the tires that is a decision I leave to the customer. I always go over loader safety with them and ask what they intend to lift (knowing they will find more with it than they originally think). I will often suggest Rimguard filled tires but some people only need additionally weight occasionally and don't want it all the time. They may be doing lots of hauling and don't want additional weight or they may be finish mowing and don't want that weight so I talk to them and decide.

All decides what your use. The 330 is a tractor that has a long proven track record. Great machine.

Maka