Craigslist scams with Harbor Freight items RANT

/ Craigslist scams with Harbor Freight items RANT #31  
That bulldozer broom was just a very stiff bristled broom for construction debris.

I saw voltage regulators for $1.00 on Ebay which is about normal, with shipping cost out of the US for Four Hundred Something Dollars! It's about the size of a penny. Is that some weird algorithm at work?

/ Craigslist scams with Harbor Freight items RANT #32  
Don't know if you have ever bought a vehicle from anyone listing for sale on auto trader, but when it first started, it was mostly individuals selling autos there. Anymore, it's car dealerships advertising there

Funny story. When I sold my house in CA and was in the process of moving to TX, I wanted to sell a two year old Honda Accord and buy my wife a SUV. I don't remember the exact numbers, but my goal was to get rid of it as quickly as possible, so I asked what I owed on it, which was cheap, and a lot less then all the other listings. I never got a single call on it. So when the add ran out, I raised to just below what the dealers where asking for it and the phone blew up. I let the buyer talk me down a grand, which was still a few grand over what I owed on it, and sold it the first week.

Two years ago my wife wanted a mini van to haul our dogs around. We went to several local dealers, but they where crazy on their prices. Auto Trader didn't have anything in it, but several other car related sites had a good selection of new and less then a year old vans to choose from. I printed out those ads and went to my local dealers again, but they refused to budge on price, so we drove to the Dallas area and paid $4,000 less then what they wanted for the same thing in Tyler on a van with $10,000 miles less than any of the used ones we saw here.

/ Craigslist scams with Harbor Freight items RANT #33  
Funny story. When I sold my house in CA and was in the process of moving to TX, I wanted to sell a two year old Honda Accord and buy my wife a SUV. I don't remember the exact numbers, but my goal was to get rid of it as quickly as possible, so I asked what I owed on it, which was cheap, and a lot less then all the other listings. I never got a single call on it. So when the add ran out, I raised to just below what the dealers where asking for it and the phone blew up. I let the buyer talk me down a grand, which was still a few grand over what I owed on it, and sold it the first week.

Not necessarily surprising. I'm sure most people see something selling for considerably below book price & figure there must be some expensive repair it needs.

/ Craigslist scams with Harbor Freight items RANT #34  
Not necessarily surprising. I'm sure most people see something selling for considerably below book price & figure there must be some expensive repair it needs.

Yea... when I see something 'too cheap'... my mind immediately thinks

Its a scam.jpg

/ Craigslist scams with Harbor Freight items RANT #35  
funny but correct, There was a furniture store here once, that had a going out of business sale about every other month.

Few years back there was time limits put on going out of business sales. A spin off I thought was attention getter was the "going out for business sale".

When bought first tractor salesman I worked with advised me accurately on the pitfalls of auctions.

/ Craigslist scams with Harbor Freight items RANT #36  
After the 2 big "sales" @ Harbor Freight in January..
.. theres A LOT of their tools on Craigs List.. & U guessed it.. for more than the HF price.