Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #11  
Buy a new seat.

+1. Step up to a REAL seat like a Grammer.

Out a plastic garbage bag over it. What do on my open station Kubota. I replaced the OEM vinyl but buster with a Grammer velour seat that is actually comfortable but if I have to leave the tractor outside for any reason, the 'Hefty Bag goes over the seat and I hook the drawstring on the Hefty under the seat adjustment lever. Works excellent in keeping water off the fabric:thumbsup:

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #12  
I have a DK 40 SE that has a bottom seat with the seat cover cracked. Bought it recently, and the seat has taken on moisture when sitting out on dealer lot. Tonight I took the seat off because I am sick of a wet rear-end after I get done! I tipped it sideways and the water is running out the side. Need to replace the seat cover. Foam should be ok yet. Anyone ever replaced or recovered the seat? I have seen a thread with universal seat covers, but I am considering taking mine off and reupholstering it. Any ideas how to best go about this? As a kid on the farm, we used take old feed bags, fold em and sit on them. I guess I'm past that and want a nice seat to spend Saturdays on.

Home - Seat Warehouse

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #13  
Rural King has a much better selection as does K&M. K&M is a manufacturer as well (of suspensions), not just a middleman retailer. Seats Inc., is also a much better source. That seat warehouse is very limited in selection.

Michigan Seat has a public website and manufactures seats and suspensions in Jackson, Michigan. I used to deliver steel to them for producing seat parts...

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #14  
Rural King has a much better selection as does K&M. K&M is a manufacturer as well (of suspensions), not just a middleman retailer. Seats Inc., is also a much better source. That seat warehouse is very limited in selection.

Michigan Seat has a public website and manufactures seats and suspensions in Jackson, Michigan. I used to deliver steel to them for producing seat parts...

"That seat warehouse is very limited in selection"

"limited in selection" = many dozens of seats, to fit hundreds of machines?
They were the ONLY source I found for a seat to fit my L48, other than Kubota, which was $800.

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #15  
"That seat warehouse is very limited in selection"

"limited in selection" = many dozens of seats, to fit hundreds of machines?
They were the ONLY source I found for a seat to fit my L48, other than Kubota, which was $800.

I never go 'direct fit., I always go upgraded and improved fit. Seat pans and suspensions are all ISO standardized now so they are all basically bolt on, Usually the OEM seat and suspension (unless you do a build upgrade) will be, it is what it is. I spend long hours on both my tractors and I want to be comfortable and nit a sweaty butt.

Your seller might have what you require but I perused their website and what I saw didn't fit my criteria. IOW, I guess my standards for comfort are higher than yours....:D But then I farm and I'm sitting in a seat for a long time. Maybe you don't. Different strokes for different folks and why there are various retailers and manufacturers of seat in the first place.

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #16  
The seat in my Kioti is a but numbing experience after about 2 hours. I am seriously considering a new Bostrom spring ride seat. I can get the company discount IF I decide to go that route. The drivers seat in my Dodge is really comfortable, IF the seat frame will fit between the fenders of the tractor I can go that route, too. One power wire and the seat is adjustable. I need to take some measurements.
Right now I must wait until the better weather is here to stay before I take the tractor apart.

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #17  
The seat in my Kioti is a but numbing experience after about 2 hours. I am seriously considering a new Bostrom spring ride seat. I can get the company discount IF I decide to go that route. The drivers seat in my Dodge is really comfortable, IF the seat frame will fit between the fenders of the tractor I can go that route, too. One power wire and the seat is adjustable. I need to take some measurements.
Right now I must wait until the better weather is here to stay before I take the tractor apart.

I had a Autocar tractor with a Bostrom viking t bar seat a real nice seat....

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #18  

Go self contained air and don't look back. I'll take an air bag over a spring any day and the new ones are plug and play, all you need is a 12 volt hot wire and ground. Additionally, if you like your seat but the spring suspension sucks, you can buy a self contained air ride seat base and mount your seat to it.

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #19  
I had this same problem. I duct taped all the cracks, and bought a cheap seat cover off amazon. Like 30 bucks, if i recall correctly. Works perfectly, and the price was right.

/ Crack in Seat Cause for Wet Backside #20  
Old thread
I now have the same cracked Kioti seat issue and have to park mine outside as I have construction materials temporarily sitting where the tractor normally parks. That website Seat Warehouse has a banner saying closed for good yet so far the links still work. Odd. A replacement from Kioti is now $900+ just for the seat.