Country Music

/ Country Music #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
Is it me or is country going down hill? From the ridiculous costumes to the guys who don't sing but "recite"- or do "rap". And even Carrie Underwoods latest- pure noise! Yeah-it must be I'm just getting old. thank god for Sirrius radio where you can listen to 80's, 90's and my I phone where I can go to iHeart Radio, and pick someone you like and get music that is similar.

Then again Sawyer Brown-forget about Dave Dudley- can't sing about .."passed a Jimmy and a White" cause there ARE no more Jimmies or Whites!

so we have to listen to this idiot .."with a cold one in the console..smoke blowin out the window"..while he .."drives through the hood". Pure BS!:(

/ Country Music #2  
The last updated version of "6 Days on the Road" I heard removed references to the bennies ("little white pills") truckers used to take...typical political correctness.

Here's the original:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ys8cnTARIU[/ame]

/ Country Music #3  
Is it me or is country going down hill? From the ridiculous costumes to the guys who don't sing but "recite"- or do "rap". And even Carrie Underwoods latest- pure noise! Yeah-it must be I'm just getting old. thank god for Sirrius radio where you can listen to 80's, 90's and my I phone where I can go to iHeart Radio, and pick someone you like and get music that is similar.

Then again Sawyer Brown-forget about Dave Dudley- can't sing about .."passed a Jimmy and a White" cause there ARE no more Jimmies or Whites!

so we have to listen to this idiot .."with a cold one in the console..smoke blowin out the window"..while he .."drives through the hood". Pure BS!:(

This stuff isn't country music and hasn't been for 30 years. I used to play some in my younger days; now I don't even listen to this crap. It's all canned formula to appeal to the masses and sell records. Give me some good old Faron Young, Chet Atkins, Carl Smith, Marty Robbins, Jim Reeves and even Simon Crumb.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eetd5JVGZoI]Faron Young-It's four in the morning. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBvD1aIpoVE]Jerry Reed & Chet Atkins - All I Ever Need Is You - YouTube[/ame]

/ Country Music #4  

I though that it might be just me. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Thanks for the song Roy.

I really enjoy older country music. My dad recorded some old time Western Ballads. To name a few - Little Joe The Wrangler - Old Flying "U" - Strawberry Roan & many others. My Granddad rewrote Strawberry Roan to Strawberry Blond. Doubt that any of that music is left.

/ Country Music #5  
I though that it might be just me. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Thanks for the song Roy.

I really enjoy older country music. My dad recorded some old time Western Ballads. To name a few - Little Joe The Wrangler - Old Flying "U" - Strawberry Roan & many others. My Granddad rewrote Strawberry Roan to Strawberry Blond. Doubt that any of that music is left.

Here's another good one:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1J3sBFCoPc]Walk On By---Leroy Van Dyke - YouTube[/ame]

/ Country Music #6  
Look up "Springsteen" by Eric Church. It's good stuff.

Country music today is much different today from the Randy Travis', George Straits, and others. I classify it into "yuppie" country and country. Rascal Flatts and the like fall under the "Yuppie" category....

/ Country Music #7  
Country Music, in my opinion, has most definitely changed. In earlier days, Country Music songs related to the working man, hardships, love that was gained or lost, ballads, struggles, love of one's Country, Family life; etc. In general, subjects and occurrences that the average hard working Man or Woman could associate and relate to. Perhaps there will be future artists that will revitalize the old style? I think that this is doubtful, but only time will tell.

/ Country Music #8  
This stuff isn't country music and hasn't been for 30 years. I used to play some in my younger days; now I don't even listen to this crap. It's all canned formula to appeal to the masses and sell records. Give me some good old Faron Young, Chet Atkins, Carl Smith, Marty Robbins, Jim Reeves and even Simon Crumb.

Faron Young-It's four in the morning. - YouTube

Jerry Reed & Chet Atkins - All I Ever Need Is You - YouTube

No real country made these days. It's Rock and Roll with a twang. I don't listen to it.

/ Country Music #10  
I perfer Classic country--- But I got to say new country beats the heck out of that crap our kids are listening to now a days