Cool old Allis Chalmers G

/ Cool old Allis Chalmers G #1  

HawkinsHollow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Branson 3015R
Never seen a tractor like this. Kinda cool but doesn't look especially useful. Is there a PTO on it?
Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 10.45.46 AM.png

/ Cool old Allis Chalmers G #2  
Highly efficient for row crops.

There are several modernized tractors based on the AC Model G available today.

None have REAR PTOs. Powered implements operate in front of the operator.

All are 2-WD, as the AC Model G.

MORE VIDEOS: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ronnie+baugh+tractors

Last edited:
   / Cool old Allis Chalmers G #3  
Last edited:
   / Cool old Allis Chalmers G #4  
When I attended Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo in the 80’s, the school farm had two of them equipped with cultivator bars. Very light and nimble cultivator tractors and kind of a kick to drive.

/ Cool old Allis Chalmers G #6  
For their intended purpose, there was nothing better.

There was a boat load of tools available for them, mine came to me with, and still has, cultivators.

SR

/ Cool old Allis Chalmers G #7  
Only saw 1 around here as this is IH cub country! Now there IS a USLESS model ! The G probably was o.k. for its intended purpose, BUT who ever used a tractor for its intended purpose? IF it pulled 1 bottom plow surly I can pull 3 bottoms with it----right?

/ Cool old Allis Chalmers G #8  
The G was an ideal design for small vegetable farms. It doesn't seem so useful now because that's not the way we farm. We didn't see any of them in the midwest, but I think they were very popular on east coast and in the southeast.

/ Cool old Allis Chalmers G #9  
HUH? Michigan is in the midwest, and it's full of "G"'s, just about every muck farm had them and some truck farms are still using them.

SR

/ Cool old Allis Chalmers G #10  
Only saw 1 around here as this is IH cub country! Now there IS a USLESS model ! The G probably was o.k. for its intended purpose, BUT who ever used a tractor for its intended purpose? IF it pulled 1 bottom plow surly I can pull 3 bottoms with it----right?

A Farmall Cub was also very popular as a truck farming tractor. If you think a Cub is useless you just do not know how to use one. My dad and my brothers and I prepped thousands of gardens for decades in my home town.

With over 245,000 Cubs built somebody thought they are useful.