Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,712  
I have my garbage inside chain link fencing, a hot wire along the top with a Gallagher charger on it. I am still waiting for the local bear to see if it works.

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,713  
Never go out to take star photos wearing slip on sloggers. The dew combined with little traction seen me smashing my head on the ground and expensive camera equipment slamming into the wet grass.
Anyway, I hope my mild concussion was worth it.

496A3783.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,715  
We're up to 39 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks. Seems like there are a few more every day!!! They are very different from any other duck that I'm familiar with. Very light on their feet, they fly around more then they walk around. They take off very quickly, just like a song bird or other types of small birds. They love to stand on the fence, or on branches in the trees. So far, they have been too buried in the trees for a good picture, but I really like seeing them lined up on the fence, which is why I'm posting these pictures.

IMG_1595.JPG IMG_1598.JPG

/ Cool Nature Photos #1,720  
Just got home from camping and had a nice fire going every morning and evening with wood from that area. Last night while at the fire I noted someone looking out of the piece that was in the fire. o_O I tree toad? He's in the woods again.
P1120515.jpg