Contour Mower

/ Contour Mower #1  

Leejohn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660
I just got, but not used yet, a Pro-Flex 120 Contour Mower and wanting to know if anyone has used one? Or watch one being used? Also what did you think about it?

/ Contour Mower
I went over the mower real good and could only find 2 or 3 things that needed fixing. I put new belts on it and went mowing. Sure does a good job.
The only thing I don't like is you can only go 3 1/4" high. I was mowing my grass at 4 1/2". I think after it is cut at 3 1/4" a few times it well be fine. Well anyway here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0461a.jpg
    IMG_0461a.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0462a.jpg
    IMG_0462a.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0464a.jpg
    IMG_0464a.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0465a.jpg
    IMG_0465a.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 142
   / Contour Mower #3  
Seen a few over the years at hilly/mogul type golf courses ...always surprised how fast they could move along and mow along on that type of terrain. Sure, as dry as it gets there 3 1/2 is still long enough to hold moisture imo, but you could consult an Ag extension agent to be sure...

...one good thing you see those rattlers easier laying in 3" grass.

/ Contour Mower #4  
I'm curious how many PTO HP you'd need to run something like that...... not in a jungle, but on grass that gets mowed regularly.

/ Contour Mower #5  
Nice mower. Do you really have alot of uneven areas to mow ? One thing that comes to my mind is that is alot of parts to maintain and grease often. :eek:

/ Contour Mower
I haven't seen any rattlers yet mostly copperheads and I seen a big black snake when I mowed, was going to run over it but let it be.

It thats 30 to 40 HP. I pulled it with a L4240 and might try it on my B7800 only on the flat land.

Yes it does have a lot of grease fittings, but wasn't all that bad to grease all the fitting are easy to get to.
What you see in the pictures is the only part that is flat and only about 1/4 of what I mow