Consolidation and Rebranding

/ Consolidation and Rebranding #11  
I am certainly not "team green" but I watch Tim's videos and usually always come away with something valuable. I can appreciate his content. The "color" of the tractor is irrelevant, it's the work being done and the attachments that are being used that matter. Shame more people can't get past that. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

/ Consolidation and Rebranding #12  
It's true that he is on team green but I can say from having conversations with him over the years he is honest and objective enough to admit when green is not the better choice.
glad to see that you have a good relationship with him, but after watching the video where he stated to stay away from Mahindra because they rebrand other tractors as their own, at the same time he recommended john deere, new holland and others that have rebranded tractors in their lineup, I placed him in my for entertainment / attachments reviews only file. BTW my 5145 is a Mahindra design/manufactured tractor. I consider the engine to be as important as the frame so the JDs with others engines are the same as rebranding in my book.

Last edited:
   / Consolidation and Rebranding #13  
I am certainly not "team green" but I watch Tim's videos and usually always come away with something valuable. I can appreciate his content. The "color" of the tractor is irrelevant, it's the work being done and the attachments that are being used that matter. Shame more people can't get past that. Haters gonna hate, I guess.
not hating as i mentioned I like his videos for entertainment purposes but do not consider his input to be relevant / unbiased as it applies to my case.

Last edited:
   / Consolidation and Rebranding #14  
I am not sure what to think about that video. Their main point seems to say that if a manufacturer outsources any part of the supply of components for their tractor; that is a generally bad thing. You supposedly won't be able to find parts in the future.

First off; every manufacturer outsources some or all of their parts from outside sources, regardless of the color or brand of the tractor. Like it or not, that is how the tractor business works and will likely not change. It would make little business sense to make every component. Take alternators for example. If Mahindra made their own, it would probably be of lesser quality than an outsourced major alternator supplier. Making your own doesn't guarantee better quality or availability.

Secondly, it is extremely difficult for the average guy to find out the source of components of any tractor of any brand. Possibly the dealers or representatives will mislead you or flat out lie. But more likely, it is because the supply chain is so convoluted and constantly changing between different models of the same brand that they couldn't possibly keep up to date on it.

Thirdly, I do indeed think their are some tractors that are better than others, and parts are easier to find. I think those items go hand in hand. But the availability of parts is far more dependent on the number of units sold than weather or not components on the tractor are outsourced.

In the end, I think this is a good video to ignore.

/ Consolidation and Rebranding #15  
I am not sure what to think about that video. Their main point seems to say that if a manufacturer outsources any part of the supply of components for their tractor; that is a generally bad thing. You supposedly won't be able to find parts in the future.

First off; every manufacturer outsources some or all of their parts from outside sources, regardless of the color or brand of the tractor. Like it or not, that is how the tractor business works and will likely not change. It would make little business sense to make every component. Take alternators for example. If Mahindra made their own, it would probably be of lesser quality than an outsourced major alternator supplier. Making your own doesn't guarantee better quality or availability.

Secondly, it is extremely difficult for the average guy to find out the source of components of any tractor of any brand. Possibly the dealers or representatives will mislead you or flat out lie. But more likely, it is because the supply chain is so convoluted and constantly changing between different models of the same brand that they couldn't possibly keep up to date on it.

Thirdly, I do indeed think their are some tractors that are better than others, and parts are easier to find. I think those items go hand in hand. But the availability of parts is far more dependent on the number of units sold than weather or not components on the tractor are outsourced.

In the end, I think this is a good video to ignore.
good points also to be noted parts availability has more to do with how many manufactures use that part on their tractor, so rebranding can help, take LS and the NH CUT lineup, you can go down to NH and order parts for your LS without issue. IMO it is more important for your dealer to still be in business than any issues centered around rebranding. This kind of stuff out of Tim falls on deaf ears in my case.
He seams to have a hardon for Mahindra in particular IMO.

/ Consolidation and Rebranding #16  
Somewhere along the line they missed the fact that Mahindra owns the controlling interest in Mitsubishi AG that builds most of their compact tractors. Would not be surprised to see CNH build their own compacts down the road.

Brian.

/ Consolidation and Rebranding
glad to see that you have a good relationship with him, but after watching the video where he stated to stay away from Mahindra because they rebrand other tractors as their own, at the same time he recommended john deere, new holland and others that have rebranded tractors in their lineup, I placed him in my for entertainment / attachments reviews only file.
Tim never stated to stay away from Mahindra. That's putting words in his mouth. He was raising awareness that rebranding in general can cause parts availability issues as the years go by.

Somewhere along the line they missed the fact that Mahindra owns the controlling interest in Mitsubishi AG that builds most of their compact tractors. Would not be surprised to see CNH build their own compacts down the road.

Brian.
Mahindra refused to talk to them, that's on Mahindra.

That's not what Tim was saying.