Considering a NorTrac 35XT

/ Considering a NorTrac 35XT #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
I am considering a NorTrac 35XT with a Koyker 160 front end loader for my small farm. Any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

/ Considering a NorTrac 35XT #2  
I bought a 35XT a little over a year ago. From the get go it has popped out of second gear under the slightest load. Read: Going uphill with no load. Northern had it taken to our local tractor shop twice and it hasn't ever been fixed. One finger on the shift lever and it never tries to pop out. Also the fuel line to the injector pump was leaking at the crimp. They sent me the wrong line and seals. Twice. I finally had one made at a local shop. I also had to fix three hydraulic return line leaks that were cavitating the hydraulic pump. It is all so the biggest pain in the *** to do an engine oil change on I have ever seen in my life. And that is saying a lot since I am a helicopter mechanic.

But ex that stuff I love the damned thing. Good power, everything laid out pretty well and just the size for my needs.

But one has to know my luck buying equipment. My Dad always said if he wanted a new car he would take me with him and have me pick it out. And he would buy the one sitting next to it.

Last edited:
   / Considering a NorTrac 35XT
Thanks, brotherbart. After much consideration and, I decided on a LS XG3037. Found a great deal on a new one at a dealership close to me. Part of my decision not to go with a Nortrac was the fact that the closest service center was 150 miles away from me. Good luck with your Nortrac and hopefully they will get the gear popping figured out.