compare ck30 vs a ds3510

/ compare ck30 vs a ds3510 #1  

kas2960

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK4010HST
First of all, Hello everyone. I am new to the list and I am currently looking to purchase my first tractor. I was wondering about the differences between these two machines? I have a chance at the ds offered for $15k with a bucket. Shuttle and PTO type are what I am referring to specifically. Also, wondering why the ds is physically smaller. Probably not important but it was not what I was expecting. Any help is appreciated.

/ compare ck30 vs a ds3510
I have done the comparison but I guess what I am unsure of is the two differences that I had mentioned. specifically regarding the shuttle and pto. The shuttle for the ck 30 is synchronized and the ds is constant mesh. The PTO type for the ck30 is live while the ds is independent electro-hydraulic. I have no idea if any of these are game changers. Any one better than another? Thanks

/ compare ck30 vs a ds3510 #4  
The DS3510 and CK30 basically the same size tractor, front end of the DS is a CK, the rear end is an LK. A basic gear drive trans, manual PTO, no frills or features. The CK30 comes in a gear/shuttle
and would be a more featured tractor for a thousand or little less more. Only thing is you are comparing a 35 hp w/ a 30, but that's not that big of deal.
Neither tractor is any better than the other, just more features and more comfort on the CK.

/ compare ck30 vs a ds3510 #5  
The DS is hard to get into. No step. The CK you have a step on both sides of the tractor with an open cockpit. Big guys have a hard time in the Ds. Both hi quality tractors but if you plan on having the tractor for a long time go with the ck. IMHO. Merry Christmas.

/ compare ck30 vs a ds3510 #7  
the step on both sides is something that some do not think an important feature, not so, working in the woods or on hills or the combination of both being able to mount or dismount form either side is wonderful

/ compare ck30 vs a ds3510
Great info thanks everyone! I think I will check out the CK30. My own conclusion is that both are probably very good tractors, but the CK30 looks like it has a few more of those little things that you will notice only when the time comes when you need them. Again thanks for all the info and Merry Christmas to everyone!