Coffee scoops and coffee makers

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #41  
I have two purcolators; one stove top, one electric. I've used them for so long that I just keep filling until it looks right.

I like my coffee hot, and with my good travel mug it stays that way for several hours... if I don't drink it first.
I do love the taste of percolated coffee.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #42  
We do the French Press daily, 1/2 cup high quality whole beans thru the burr grinder then into the French Press. 200+ degree filtered water. Makes two cups for the wifey and me.
I've owned a French press since the 1990's, but have really increased its usage for after dinner decaf in the last few years, as I've switched from daily pour-over to almost entirely espresso for mornings and lunch. Previously, I always had that super-fast Bunn A10 loaded and warmed, so it was too easy to just always throw grounds in that and have a hot pot of coffee in less than 3 minutes, with minimal clean-up. The French press is a bit more work per cup, but a great way if you just want 8 - 30 ounces of coffee.

I'd be interested in your recipe. I run 1:12 ratio grounds to fresh water, 200-205F, and 4 minutes steep. I run the beans through a Baratza Virtuoso at 26 grind setting, but I don't know how to convert that to something universal... it's fairly coarse. Usually medium or medium-dark roasts, I'd probably back off time or temperature a bit if running dark roasts.

One thing we can all agree on is coffee is needed for survival. The list goes as follows, air, coffee, water, food, shelter.
I like your list, but you forgot bourbon and/or beer.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #43  
One thing we can all agree on is coffee is needed for survival. The list goes as follows, air, coffee, water, food, shelter.
Yep. Unfortunately I find myself cutting back more and more. If I have more than one cup in the morning I don't sleep at night... which is why I'm up now.
Of course my cup holds 20 oz.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #44  
Yes, I drank too much coffee today too. Not sleepy at all

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #46  
I had a nespresso machine that i was paying $1.20 a cup for pods. It was great coffee. Then I got a $20 mr coffee and 3lb tin from costco of medium roast, used 1.5x the recommended amount of coffee per volume, and that also makes great coffee, but is costing me about 3 cents a cup.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #47  
I had a nespresso machine that i was paying $1.20 a cup for pods. It was great coffee. Then I got a $20 mr coffee and 3lb tin from costco of medium roast, used 1.5x the recommended amount of coffee per volume, and that also makes great coffee, but is costing me about 3 cents a cup.
I have a Bunn pod brewer for everyday use. The Costco dark roast k-cups are sold in a box of 120 and costs about 30 cents per cup.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #48  
I have a Bunn pod brewer for everyday use. The Costco dark roast k-cups are sold in a box of 120 and costs about 30 cents per cup.
I do like a dark roast, but i heard that the darker the roast, the lower the caffeine content. So I stay in the middle. Oh, my mr coffee has one of those washable filters, so I don't have to buy filters. It makes one 16oz cup at a time.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #49  
I can drink coffee, then go take a nap.
I know people like that. I've never been able to drink it past 11:00 AM ot so, or I won't sleep.
As I mentioned before, over the years I've had to cut back on my intake. A few weeks ago I thought about having a second cup... I couldn't sleep that night. 😳

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #50  
I know people like that. I've never been able to drink it past 11:00 AM ot so, or I won't sleep.
As I mentioned before, over the years I've had to cut back on my intake. A few weeks ago I thought about having a second cup... I couldn't sleep that night. 😳
:ROFLMAO: